Job description / Role
At Stantec, we approach every project as a partnership, because our work creates a lasting impact on our clients’ communities. We believe that when smart, passionate, creative people come together, real possibilities are within reach.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; they give our work purpose. If you want to be a part of our unwavering team and can bring your sense of imagination and determination to every challenge, then this is the right place for you.
Stantec is currently looking for a Construction Manager to join our dynamic team and support on a construction supervision project of a large office building complex which will accommodate the client’s administration and operation employees. This project will have related functional and supporting facility buildings in Abu Dhabi.
Some of the key job responsibilities of this role entail this following:
• To manage the development, incorporation and maintenance of project Health and Safety program.
• To maintain a strict level of compliance, appearance and professionalism amongst Stantec’s safety engineers and encourage growth and improvement on project site level.
• Responsible for all Stantec’s construction execution and HSE supervision activities.
• Prepares necessary “Constructability” and “Build-ability” reviews.
• Assist the Project Manager in necessary project sequencing and phasing reviews.
• Attends weekly contractor’s site logistics, progress and HSE meetings.
• Prepares Construction and HSE parts of Monthly Reports.
• Responsible for preparing preliminary hand over report together with technical managers.
• Assist Project Manager and Commercial Manager with review of all claims, EOT’s and in all variations and changes from a Stantec perspective.
• Assist Project Manager with technical managers with the project handover and final walk through.
• Protect and ensure compliance of Stantec’s contractual and Authority requirements in terms of health, environment and safety.
• As necessary review and comment on construction documentation related to health, environment and safety.
• As necessary review and comment on site logistic plans and corresponding documentation.
If you have the following qualifications, we would love for you to be a part our diverse team:
• Minimum 15 years’ experience managing construction of large buildings and working with reputable contractors or consultants.
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant disciplines: Engineering or Construction from an internationally recognized university.
• Strong engineering and technical background.
• Understanding of site logistics and HSE.
• Must have integrity and be able to demonstrate both drive and excellent organizational ability.
• Ability to manage potential conflict robustly.
• Able to make decisions, act on own initiative and operate in a proactive way.
• Ability to communicate and interact professionally with contractor’s site management and site engineers.
• Flexibility and adaptability to handle variety of assigned tasks and workload.
About the Company
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they’re our communities too. This allows us to assess what’s needed and connect our expertise, to appreciate nuances and envision what’s never been considered, to bring together diverse perspectives so we can collaborate toward a shared success.
We’re designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
|Saudi Arabia||1 Apr|
A Leading Engineering Consulting Company in UAE
Ark In Interio
Project Manager - Construction Supervision
Ignite Search & Selection