Job description / Role
A client in Ras Al Khaimah, UAE is looking to hire for a Construction Manager - Earthworks. They would prefer candidates from Main-contractors in the UAE and worked on roads/infrastructure projects.
• Manage and/or coordinate Company personnel and resources for the project(s);
• Oversee performance of the earthworks scope on the project including, project status, schedule, cost control, change management systems;
• Work with the Superintendent and Project Engineer on a 12 – 24 month planning horizon to ensure that all resources are procured in a timely and cost effective manner;
• Coordinate with the Engineering Manager to ensure that engineering plans are developed and approved in advance of the work;
• Guide the Projects Control Engineer on the development of the CPM schedule as it relates to civil and earthworks operations;
• Ensure that the team adheres to all cost control processes;
• Oversee and administer all commercial aspects of the project ensuring strict compliance with the budget provisions and project particulars;
• Drive and spearhead change management, if and when required to develop cost estimates for the performance of extra work and changed conditions;
• Prepare trade contracts and bid packages in conjunction with the Procurement and Contract Section, if and when required, as well as provide feedback for evaluation purposes;
• Liaise with the Logistics Department in matters relating to machinery servicing, fueling, operations and other logistics matters;
• Maintain relationships with the public;
• Attend and lead project meetings, including progress, coordination, schedule and cost;
• Review inspection and test data for compliance with specifications;
• Develop and maintain site logistics plan, in coordination with Superintendent;
• Set-up QAQC procedures and conduct quality inspections;
• Demonstrate commitment to an Injury-Free Environment through own actions and mentoring others and enforce IFE program on projects.
• Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineer
• At least 10 years experience in Construction project management and from a Main Contractor background.
• Must have dealt with roads, highways or infrastructure projects which has earthworks.
• Currently in UAE
• Willing to relocate/work in RAK, UAE
About the Company
Our aim is to provide our clients and candidates with a consistent, quality service that goes beyond the norm, giving them peace of mind and complete trust in our ability to meet their needs.
Big Fish consultants specialise in their fields and have extensive experience in the region and beyond. We take pride in our knowledge and network and believe that our relationships are built on trust and integrity and are made for the long term.
At Big Fish, as well as caring for the people we work with, we also care about the world and environment we live in, that's why Big Fish support initiatives that promote human welfare, environmental protection and sustainability.
Project Manager - Museum Construction
|Abu Dhabi||11 Jan|
Head of Construction
A Leading Real Estate Company in UAE
Project Manager - Civil Construction
A Leading Construction Company in the UAE
|Abu Dhabi||24 Feb|
|Abu Dhabi||4 Jan|
Senior Infrastructure / Civil Engineer
|Abu Dhabi||29 Nov|