Job description / Role
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
We are looking for a Construction Manager to join our ongoing Hotel Fit Out project in Riyadh.
Your new role, what's involved?
* Act as the owners' representative on all matters related to construction
* Develop a Construction management plan on behalf of the PMC
* Review Contactors construction management Plans
* Monitor the construction activities and carry out audits to identify non-compliances, trouble areas and risks in order to mitigate them
* Evaluate construction staff proposed by contractors
* Evaluate construction progress and make recommendations
* Provide direction to planning, scheduling and engineering functions as required
* Prepare letters and instructions on behalf of the client
* Support the contract management teams in reviewing claims and Vos and payment certificates
* Support HSEQ team to ensure that the project is managed properly
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Minimum 10-15 years' industry experience in managing and delivering large and/or complex buildings construction projects, to a high standard and to fast track programmes
* At least 10 years experience in Hotel Refurbishment and/or Fit Out
* Effective leadership and high commitment in order to achieve goals
* Must be familiar with contractual matters related to construction projects and have a good working knowledge of the FIDIC Red Book.
* Must have previous experience in a PMCM (Programme Management, Construction Management) environment?
What's in it for you?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognises that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring.? Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.