Job description / Role
Be a part of our international consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where we oversee work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.
Our Middle East, North Africa and India hub started in 1998 and has successfully operated in a wide range of countries, delivering project and programme management and cost consultancy services.
Construction Manager - Major Exhibition Programme
Reporting to senior construction manager. This role will provide construction liaison and coordination support for the participants plots/pavilions within their designated zones.
The construction manager will manage the construction team within their zone for supporting services including logistics, access, assurance construction interface and site progress monitoring.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Managing the construction development coordination and monitoring of the participants plots/pavilions.
• Supporting the zone construction team (sector coordination managers) and develop action plans to manage their construction zone in agreement with the senior construction manager.
• Coordinating with the site-wide logistics team and ensure adequate implementation on the construction logistics process.
• Liaising with the security team to ensure the day to day security functions are supported.
• Supporting the construction activities in the participants’ plots, manage and escalate issues and facilitate the resolving procedures.
• Reviewing the participants’ and contractors’ logistics plans and support the site implementation.
• Providing an overview the construction interfaces within the zone and provide support where and as needed.
• Managing the interface between the participants’ contractors in one zone.
• Providing first point of escalation for any incidents within the participants and to ensure procedures are followed.
• Managing the coordination roles for construction fire, public protection, first aid and access/egress control.
• Overseeing and auditing the compliance with authority to proceed permits and laydown area access requests.
• Liaising with other projects to ensure smooth operations between boundaries.
• Providing first line support to the contractors and other stakeholders on any issues related to plots or pavilions within their zones.
• Reviewing and validating monthly reports from sector managers and prepare construction progress reports for their zones.
Your experience, knowledge and skills need to include:
• Minimum 8 years’ professional experience within the construction management industry is essential for client approval.
• Minimum 4 years’ Dubai experience is essential for client approval.
• Construction logistics management.
• Experience in management of complex construction projects.
• Management experience of a construction team up to 10 people is desirable.
• Strong quality assurance skills is an advantage.
• Good ICT systems knowledge.
• Pro-active, quality focused and not afraid to make decisions.
• Flexibility in changing requirements.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to work closely with peers and external customers.
• Strong oral and written communication skill.
• A degree qualification is preferred for client approval.
• Professional memberships are an advantage.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.
Civil Engineering Project Manager
Senior Construction Manager
|Abu Dhabi||3 Apr|
Construction Project Manager
TXM Recruit - Dubai (TXM Labour Supply)
|Abu Dhabi||24 Apr|
Project Manager - PMC