Job description / Role
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Your new role, what's involved?
* Will design facade systems as the facade consultant on the project - taking the design through all stages - typically concept to construction docs - and normally working under the supervision and guidance of a Senior Consultant or Principal.
* Will liaise with the architect and other consultants (including those in my own team, and other WSP disciplines) through these stages.
* Will work independently, in the context of the liaison above.
* Will understand the profile and capabilities of the people around me, and know when to draw on their experience.
* Will have experience with complex facades
* Will consider the facade from a holistic whole-building approach, rather than a systems-based approach.
* Will liaise with the Architectural and Structural teams but also other technical and commercial disciplines during the delivery of the project
* Will bring a technical understanding of the relevant code standards, including CDM guidelines and EN standards.
* Will ensure that Health & Safety is embedded into all work practices in line with company policies.
* Will support and liaise with other specialist teams if and where required.
* Will undertake on-site reviews to support technical inspections.
* Will supervise contractor's facade design with a hands-on level of involvement with excellent technical knowledge and depth.
* Will provide technical design input to the contractor's design.
* Will carry out factory and site inspections to assess the quality and conformance of equipment provided by the Facade contractor.
* Will create facade design documents such as reports and presentations in a creative way with understandable and visually appealing content (technically and in written English).
* Will create specifications in line with the relevant technical project requirements.
* Will liaise with suppliers to hold technical workshops in line with new and innovative product trends.
* Will visit conferences and exhibitions to enhance my knowledge on building materials and latest market trends.
* Will prepare technical documents to share with the wider team.
* Will attend technical workshops and learning sessions with manufacturers and fabricators with detailed understanding of installation processes.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* A Bachelors degree educated in mechanical, civil, or architectural engineering, fully qualified professional with over 10 years working experience, 5 years preferably with a recognized consultant in similar role with directly relevant facade consultancy experience.
* A people person, with excellent written and verbal skills.
* Capable of working independently and remotely from my core team.
* Able to build excellent client relations through my communication and multidisciplinary coordination skills.
What's in it for you?
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.