Job description / Role
Reports to: Chief of Medical Staff
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assist the Director, along with the other group leaders, in managing the work of the department and responding to requests for information and advice from within the Trust and externally.
- Manage, in conjunction with the Business Manager, the contracts and resources of the Group within the budget.
- Be responsible for identifying future developments which may affect the work of the Group and develop plans accordingly.
- Ensure that all staff undergo regular performance development reviews to identify individual training needs, set and monitor objectives in line with the needs of the individual and objectives of the Group and Trust.
- Participate in relevant professional activities and provide professional expertise and advice to outside bodies.
- Ensure that the Group quality management system is maintained and developed.
- Ensure that appropriate risk management procedures and documents are in place in line with Trust policies.
- Reporting is undertaken on a rota basis and the appointee will be expected to share equitably in Surgical Histology, Cytology, Post Mortem work and teaching (as needed).
- The appointee will be expected to participate in the management of the service.
- The configuration of responsibilities will be reviewed from time to time and the appointee will be expected to work with Consultant colleagues to provide a reliable and expeditious service.
- The major clinical specialties covered include general medical, general surgical, skin, lung, breast (not screening), gynaecology, gastro-intestinal, lymphoreticular, ENT and paediatric.
- The appointee will be expected to participate in the Regional Cervical Cytology EQA scheme, the Regional Histopathology EQA scheme and other EQA schemes as appropriate.
- Compliance with the requirements of good clinical governance and any new national arrangements for medical recertification will be expected.
- This job description is subject to periodic review and may be changed at anytime in consultation with the employee.
- Knowledge of English is essential
- Knowledge of Arabic is desirable.
This job description indicates the duties and responsibilities that are appropriate to meet the present needs of the service. Since from time to time these needs may change it is necessary to recognize that the post holder must be willing to undertake other and/or different duties that may, after discussion, be assigned by the Director.
- Qualification Graduate from a recognized medical school with MD or MBBCh or its international equivalent.
- Western certificates such as American Board, Canadian, UK Membership/Fellowship or its equivalent such as Arab Board/Indian Board.
- Experience Five years related experience after post graduation.
About the Company
MedServe is one of Middle East's fastest growing healthcare management consulting company specializing in varied healthcare solutions in the GCC region.
Established in 2014 with a vision to offer a vast array of innovative solutions and services to address the dynamic and complex requirements of the healthcare industry, we have partnered with some of the leading medical professionals in the world who provide advisory services to deliver world class solutions.
MedServe, a team of highly experienced and qualified professional that have the knowledge and skills to enhance the clients operations in Hospital Management, Hospital Development and Human Capital Services.