Job description / Role
Our client is a private multidisciplinary hospital based in Dubai Healthcare City. This state-of-the-art facility is a leader in the provision of patient centred healthcare services in the region. This resonates through the highest quality of staff, range of services offered, equipment and facilities provided.
We are currently recruiting for a Consultant in Paediatric Intensive Care to join their growing PICU team.
* Provide specialized Paediatric Intensive Care Services to patients according to current best-evidence based standards and in accordance with Medical Staff Bylaws and Rules and Regulation
* Participate equitably in the on-call roster.
* Participate in the oversight and professional development of assigned junior medical staff and in the educational activities of the Medical Staff as a whole.
* Conduct Clinical Audits in line with Medical Advisory Committee requirements.
* Participate in review and planning activities relevant to the development of the Paediatric Service and the Hospital.
* Participate in activities and opportunities to promote the Paediatric Service and the Hospital to the general public and wider medical community of Dubai and the UAE.
* Fulfils professional requirements for continuing maintenance of competence in all aspects of Paediatric Intensive Care.
* Carries out other assigned duties within the appropriate scope of knowledge, skills and abilities of the position.
* Basic Medical Degree recognised by Dubai Healthcare City Authority.
* Completion and certification of a higher professional education program in Paediatric Critical/Intensive Care recognised by Dubai Healthcare City Authority: CCT in Paediatric Critical/Intensive Care, or American Board Certification in Paediatric Critical/Intensive Care, equivalent in Pediatric Intensive Care recognised by Dubai Healthcare City Authority
* Proven experience and competence in all aspects of Pediatric Intensive Care.
* Minimum of five (5) years' experience, since gaining higher qualification, of which three years should be at a Consultant level.
* Experience in a Western hospital setting is highly preferred.
* Ability to communicate effectively with patients, families, nurses, doctors and other hospital staff.
* Demonstrated commitment to continuing medical education.
* Publication in peer reviewed journals would be well regarded.
* Demonstrated ability to deliver quality patient care and commitment to quality improvement for better health outcomes
* Demonstrated ability to work in a multidisciplinary team and high level of interpersonal and organizational skills is expected of this role.
* Fluency in written and spoken English (Arabic language skills are well regarded)
* High level of verbal and written communication skills
Please note the targeted start date for each position is dependent on the speciality/ level and current timeline for the project. Likewise, the processing of licensing (if applicable)/ visas etc. also need to be considered. We will advise candidates specifically when we discuss the opportunity.
About the Company
Cavendish Professionals is a highly respected recruitment consultancy with the energy, expertise and professionalism to offer extensive job vacancies in the Healthcare, Life Sciences and Technical sectors in the UK and Internationally.
Cavendish Professionals is an independent, family-run business, with a team of personable consultants whose aim is to get to know you better. We believe that this considered approach is the best way to ensure we find you a role that perfectly matches your career ambitions.
As a group we’ve been taking this approach for over 30 years. During this time we have successfully helped client organisations and candidates alike to fulfil their corporate and professional ambitions.