Job description / Role
- The Senior Procurement Specialist leads low and medium-complexity sourcing projects and supplier relationships working effectively along with multiple Customer Relationship Leads and more junior members of the Procurement team.
- This specialist also operates as the single point of contact of small stakeholder groups (depending on the package of work).
- While carrying out sourcing activities, the Senior Specialist provides strong commercial leadership in project teams, developing and executing creative strategies to ensure work is conducted with rigorous professional standards in full compliance with client’s governance
- Supports the Senior Procurement Specialist on the execution of high complexity sourcing projects and leads low and medium complexity sourcing projects where assigned by the Customer Relationship Lead
- Applies sourcing methodology to medium and low-complexity sourcing initiatives, working in cross-functional teams executing multiple sourcing projects in a portfolio of goods, materials and services
- Manages multiple sourcing projects and deliver agreed business targets
- Supports Senior Procurement Specialists and Customer Relationship Leads on executing Supplier Management activities
- Delivers targets and sustainable value for the client through managing and supporting sourcing and supplier relationship management initiatives
- Influences effectively to ensure business needs consider commercial reality and do not unknowingly compromise value
- Escalates key risks effectively, maintaining Senior Procurement Specialists and Customer Relationship Lead and stakeholder’s confidence and effective resolution
- Coaches junior team members to develop new insights from analysis and leading to a deliver solid set of actionable recommendations
- Negotiates adapting strategy with supplier dynamics and manages multiple negotiation teams
- Responsible for quality and timeliness of critical deliverables and communications
- Strong written and verbal communication. Able to communicate effectively with junior and senior stakeholders
- Strong sense of accountability and ability to determine actions, risks and results to get the job done.
- Strong influencing skills and ability to lead a team towards achieving strategic objectives.
- Strong ability to create from concept and an ability to look for opportunities to apply new and evolving ideas, methods and approaches.
- Strong problem-solving skills and techniques. Able to understand and carry out spend analysis and draw out conclusions and fact-based decision making
- The ability to translate strategic initiatives into practical solutions and a strong understanding of the impact of market drivers
- Strong ability to plan deliverables, milestone and sign-off points. Strong ability to schedule and monitor activities to achieve organizational goals;
Technical Knowledge: Knowledge of Procurement processes:
- Category Planning, Strategic Sourcing and Supplier Relationship Management and how to apply them in a greenfield Context
- Ability to use SAP SRM applications and Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree in Procurement, Engineering, Business, Finance, or related subject
- 3 years’ experience in Procurement organisations of which a minimum of 1 year applicable experience in managing/leading multiple sourcing projects
- Fluency in English
- Procurement Qualification (e.g. CIPS)
- Project Management Qualification
- Arabic language skills
About the Company
New Sourcing International (NSI) / Bluefin Talent have partnered so to offer a specialized recruitment solution within the Consulting and Financial services domains.
Working together as a specialist search and selection agency, we concentrate on blue chip financial services and strategy / technology consulting organizations across Europe and the Middle East; focusing exclusively on Financial Services, IT and Risk. Being niche allows us to offer a premium search service, tailored to overcome the technically challenging nature of recruitment for the specialist functions that we work.
We are dedicated to representing best of breed candidates in the region in our dedicated fields of employment. As such we are a leading outfit for placing ex-pats and internationally educated students in the region.
Our biggest unique selling point, is that we are steered by a dedicated team of ex-financial services and industry professionals. This allows us to offer a level of candidate pre-screening for roles, which is largely anomalous to the recruitment profession. Our ability to bridge the technical knowledge gap typical recruiters encounter, coupled with a thorough delivery process allows us to drive consistently superior results for our clients sourcing requirements. Designed to provide a fast and efficient turnaround, we minimize the use of internal resources our clients spend vetting inadequate profiles, allowing them to quickly get back to focusing on their strategic goals.
Our strength lies not only in the specialist nature of our firm, but also in the commitment we show towards our clients and candidates. We endeavour to build long-term relationships and recognise the crucial nature of communication throughout the recruitment process. Excellence, integrity, respect and transparency are cornerstone to the culture we promote.
Manager (Procurement Practice) - Boutique Consulting Firm
NSI & Bluefin Talent
Head of Procurement
RTC-1 Employment Services
Procurement and Contracts Officer
Procurement Bid Lead
Sr Procurement Specialist - Boutique Consulting Firm
NSI & Bluefin Talent