Job description / Role
We are looking for an expert pulmonologist to be responsible for the respiratory health of our patients. This will include treating breathing disorders, severe allergies, and other lung conditions and diseases. You should be able to effectively diagnose patients and suggest a successful course of treatment.
To be successful as a pulmonologist you must show empathy and compassion towards your patients and be knowledgeable in specialist procedures, such as pleural biopsies.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Consulting with patients to understand their symptoms and health concerns.
• Diagnosing and treating conditions, such as asthma, bronchitis, and emphysema.
• Using and interpreting pulmonological exams and tests to aid in the diagnosis of cardiopulmonary diseases and conditions, including CT scans, chest fluoroscopies, ultrasounds, and bronchoscopies.
• Performing various specialized procedures in order to acquire samples of the chest wall lining or the lungs, for further analysis.
• Advising cardiothoracic surgeons of the risk status of patients and recommending interventions to minimize risk, especially in tuberculosis cases.
• Providing support and advice to patients receiving long-term care.
• Conducting research into the testing and development of new medications and methods of treatment.
• Providing immunizations against preventable cardiopulmonary diseases.
• Maintaining detailed notes of appointments with patients, including comments, tests and/or treatments prescribed, and test results.
• Referring patients to cardiothoracic surgeons, when necessary.
AED 75,000 to 80,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in biology, physical sciences, or a related field.
• Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree.
• 4 years’ internship and clinical residency training, specializing in pulmonology.
• Valid and active medical license.
• Excellent communicator who can empathize with patients.
• Flexible working hours.
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• Outstanding research and analytical skills.
About the Company
CareerLink HR is a leading healthcare recruitment and outsourcing company in the UAE. Our team provides a talented workforce to numerous organisations in the medical industry. Our global platform enables healthcare professionals all around the world to boost their careers and be a valuable asset to organizations.
We offer healthcare organisations short-term and long-term solutions to meet their workforce requirements. The workforce is the most substantial source and a valuable asset to any organization. Our applicants have hands-on experience and are incredibly talented. We engage talents all over the globe including the US, Europe, and other countries by cultivating a work culture that fosters success, develops careers, boosts communication and honors all commitments.