Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Management Consulting practice, within General Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help clients seize essential advantages by working alongside business leaders to solve their toughest problems and capture their greatest opportunities. We work with some of the world's largest and most complex companies to understand their unique business issues and opportunities in an ever changing environment. We help create sustainable change by stimulating innovation, unlocking data possibilities, navigating risk and regulatory complexity, optimising deals, and aligning costs with business strategy to create a competitive advantage.
As a member of our team, you'll help the world's most significant organisations, public and private, quickly become more effective. We improve the way they operate; manage costs; better align people, process and technology initiatives; support business growth to maintain or improve competitive edge and complete market and regulatory risk assessment. In doing so, we focus on their agendas and the big issues they need to deal with, both today and in the future.
Line of Service Overview
In Consulting, you will have the opportunity to work closely with the best across industry and professional functional advisory services. We focus on helping solve client problems by offering both strategic and operational deep industry expertise. We pride ourselves on building long-lasting relationships with companies and organizations, always ensuring that we are able to bring the best insights and solutions to help them tackle whatever critical issues they may face. Our Consulting practice currently focuses on several core sectors including Consumer and Industrial Products & Services, Energy, Utilities & Mining (CIPSEUM), Financial Services, Government, Health Industries, Finance Function, People and Organisations and Technology.
Business Unit Overview
Globalisation and the need for a secure, affordable energy & resources' availability go hand-in-hand. Economic development is dependent on sufficient sources of energy-oil, gas, electricity, coal, alternative fuels and others. World is the middle of a changing energy landscape, both in terms of demand and supply, which has posed a challenge to our clients in the region. The team in Middle East work with governments and private clients to solve such important business problems and create value in challenging business environment and marketing conditions. We focus primarily on industries like Oil & Gas, Mining, Oil Field Services and Petrochemical.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a passionate industry team, to continue developing yourself as an industry expert and to build further key contacts within the industry in the region.
- Lead cross functional internal and client teams to develop and deliver operational strategies in Oil & Gas sectors.
- Develop winning proposals and lead business development activities through building strong relations with our clients in the Middle East.
- Mentor junior members of the team in order to foster a high performance team environment.
- Whilst working in the Oil & Gas Industries team you will develop your understanding of the key themes in the market and in the region. You will work collaboratively with other Industry experts in the region and globally to shape the future of our clients and to bring about positive change.
- Develop yourself personally, taking a keen interest in trends in the global industry and the impact on our clients so you can help shape their thinking and our success in the market.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent from a top tier university. Master's degree will be preferred but is not essential
- At least 10+ years of relevant experience with a management consulting firm. Project experience with Oil & Gas clients is essential.
- In-depth understanding of understanding of overall landscape and value-chain of extended Oil & Gas industry
- Strong interest in the latest developments in the Oil & Gas and wider Energy industry
- Excellent project management and organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise workload whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Experience in / understanding of data collection, data management and analytics, information management. Expertise in VBA and other excel based programming languages is desirable
- Language Skills: Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). Fluent in English but multilingual Arabic speaker preferable.
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East and worldwide where the project dictates.
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.