Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
A career within General Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help clients seize essential advantages by working alongside business leaders to solve their toughest problems and capture their greatest opportunities. We work with some of the world's largest and most complex companies to understand their unique business issues and opportunities in an ever changing environment. We help create sustainable change by stimulating innovation, unlocking data possibilities, navigating risk and regulatory complexity, optimising deals, and aligning costs with business strategy to create a competitive advantage.
Business Unit Overview
Globalisation and the need for a secure, affordable energy & resources' availability go hand-in-hand. Economic development is dependent on sufficient sources of energy-oil, gas, electricity, coal, alternative fuels and others. World is the middle of a changing energy landscape, both in terms of demand and supply, which has posed a challenge to our clients in the region. This is an outstanding opportunity to join a passionate industry team, to continue developing yourself as an industry expert and to build further key contacts within the industry in the region.
- Lead consulting projects in upstream oil & gas industry. Projects may vary from overall business transformations to specific operational performance improvement, business planning, digital solutions design and implementation, operating model design and functional improvements etc.
- Lead cross functional internal and client teams to develop solutions for client problems and deliver change through a well-planned implementation approach.
- Develop winning proposals and participate in business development activities through building strong relations with our clients in the Middle East.
- Mentor junior members of the team in order to foster a high performance team environment.
- Whilst working in the Oil & Gas team you will develop your understanding of the key themes in the market and in the region. You will work collaboratively with other Industry experts in the region and globally to shape the future of our clients and to bring about positive change.
- Develop yourself personally, taking a keen interest in trends in the global industry and the impact on our clients so you can help shape their thinking and our success in the market.
- The candidate will be achievement oriented with the ability to be flexible and adaptive on a daily basis. They will be able to work independently and as part of a team with a fast pace and a high energy that will translate into a high quality output.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent from a top tier university. Master's degree will be preferred but is not essential
- 10+ years of relevant experience with a management consulting firm. Project experience with Oil & Gas clients is essential.
- In-depth understanding of understanding of overall landscape and value-chain of extended Oil & Gas industry
- Strong interest in the latest developments in the Oil & Gas and wider Energy industry
- Excellent project management and organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise workload whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Experience in / understanding of data collection, data management and analytics, information management. Expertise in VBA and other excel based programming languages is desirable
- Fluent in English but multilingual Arabic speaker preferable.
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East and worldwide where the project dictates.
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.