Job description / Role
Line of Service
Transportation and Logistics
Job Description & Summary
In Consulting, you will have the opportunity to work closely with the best across industry and professional functional advisory services. We focus on helping solve client problems by offering both strategic and operational deep industry expertise. We pride ourselves on building long-lasting relationships with companies and organizations, always ensuring that we are able to bring the best insights and solutions to help them tackle whatever critical issues they may face. Our Consulting practice currently focuses on several core sectors including Consumer and Industrial Products & Services (CIPS - which includes industrials, transport, real estate and construction, oil & gas, chemicals, utilities, and retail), Financial Services, Government & Public Sector, Health Industries, Finance Function, People & Organisation, Technology, and Digital Services.
Aviation, Transport & Logistics Consulting - Line of Service Overview
ATL is one of the fastest growing sectors across this dynamic region. With the aspiration to be a global logistics hub, and with a rapidly evolving, increasingly mobile Middle Class, organizations in the public and private sectors alike are seeking opportunities to develop intelligent transport systems for goods as well as passengers, build smarter cities, and support the visionary strategies of the governments across the region.
As a member of PwC's Aviation, Transport & Logistics practice you will not only have the opportunity to work closely with the best and brightest consultants across the industry, but also collaborate with deep functional experts from our People & Organisation, Technology, and Digital Services practices. In addition, you will seamlessly work with our M&A advisers, Assurance, and Tax lines of services to offer optimal, holistic solutions to your clients. Only PwC is able to bring true, end to end solutions from Strategy through to execution to our clients, and as part of the largest global consulting firms, you will have access to our capabilities in the US, Europe and Asia.
- Projects and Engagements
- Lead and deliver strategy consulting assignments - develop project plans, distribute work to team members and oversee day-to-day delivery
- Review work produced by the team to ensure highest quality levels and output is aligned with scope of work, delivered on time and within budget
- Perform hypothesis driven thinking, guide the team's analyses and push their thinking to draw meaningful insights
- Ensure credibility of analytical approaches, methodologies and conclusions
- Engage client counterpart(s) to align with them on the work plans and interim and final recommendations.
- Ensure smooth handover of project deliverables and results and effectively closes on consulting assignments with the client Clients, Business Development, and Industry Leadership
- Build strong, trusted advisor relationships with your clients beyond the immediate consulting assignment and identify and contribute to follow-on work
- Play an integral role in drafting proposals and marketing efforts and participating in selling events and proposal pitches
- Maintain an emerging network of contacts and relationships inside and outside the firm's network
- Stay up to date on market and industry latest trends and developments
- Develop and maintain intellectual capital and publish thought leadership on relevant topics Coaching and Team Development, and Self-Development
- Provide guidance and coaching to team members as needed and ensure a professional and productive team environment
- Mentor - formally or informally - other members in your team/ business unit in order to foster a high performance team environment
- Actively shape own development priorities Internal Management
- Collaborate across Business Units and Lines of Services to support the delivery of differentiated propositions to the market
- Manage internal requirements for quality, compliance, systems and related
- 8-15 years of professional work experience out of which at least 4-6 are in strategy consulting with a leading global consulting firm
- Deep understanding of the GCC national and public transport sector priorities with strong affinity to latest plans and policies across governments
- Experience in Ports operations is a plus
- Proven track record in leading and successfully delivering on cross industry consulting assignments to tier-1 clients
- Key areas of expertise include, but are not limited to, strategy development, strategic transformations, capability led transformations, operating models, other
- Strong acumen for problem solving and using first principle thinking to frame issues
- Strong analytical skills with ability to collect, validate, structure and analyse all types of data (such as Financial, Operational, Market)
- Output focused and resilient with ability to rally resources and maintain momentum within a fast pace and a high energy
- Able to work independently and effectively within a team
- Strong communication skills with ability to operate in a multi-stakeholder environment
- Ability and willingness for frequent travel within the GCC and Middle East
- Education: ideally an MBA from a reputable university or equivalent with high academic achievement
- Language Skills: Multi-lingual with fluency in written and spoken English a must. Arabic is a plus
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.