Job description / Role
Line of Service
Economics and Policy
Job Description & Summary
You will be working within the Economics and Sustainability team (E&S). We are an analysis-driven team that uses economic principles and techniques to support the strategy and policy making process. We help governments and private sector organisations make better decisions, grounded in robust and compelling evidence. We provide the necessary foresight that help make and deliver critical business decisions and investments. We work across the Middle East for clients in a range of sectors, including but not limited to central government, real estate, energy and utilities, transport and health.
The work we typically undertake includes:
- Economic and fiscal policy analysis and development
- Socio-economic impact assessment
- Economic and financial modelling / forecasting
We are a new and rapidly growing business unit, capitalising on changing trends in the regional market. The team offers you the opportunity to develop and apply your knowledge of economics in a commercial environment to solve important problems for our public and private sector clients.
To really stand out and make us ?t for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Experience working as an Economist in an external consulting environment
- Experience in economic impact analysis or related modelling techniques
- Proficiency in MS Office and Google Suite is mandatory and experience in working with Stata, R, EViews, PowerBI, Tableau, or ThinkCell is preferred
- Proven ability to structure issues and use analytical skills to solve complex problems
- Ability to communicate complex concepts to a non-technical audience through written and oral communication in English and/or Arabic
- Experience working within teams and leading projects
- Proven commitment to continuous learning
- Masters (preferable) - Economics and/or Public Policy
- Bachelor's Degree in Economics or Econometrics
Years of Experience
- 5-9 years of experience in a similar industry/role, preferably within an external consulting environment
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.