Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
Within Consulting, you will be working with Finance Function Effectiveness competency, which provides advisory services focused on CFO agenda like:
- Finance operating model and finance transformation
- Strategic planning, financial planning, budgeting and reporting
- Corporate treasury and cash management
- Public Financial Management, including Treasury Single Account, GFMIS and Cash to Accrual
- Effective financial control, reporting and consolidation
- Shared services finance and transactional efficiencies
- Robotic Process Automation
- Costing and Cost Optimization Opportunities
- Leveraging Cloud / On Premise ERP, Treasury, EPM and Digital technologies
- Supporting adoption of new accounting standards (eg. IFRS)
As a competency, you will support multiple Industry Verticals. However, we expect you to bring experience in Energy & Utilities, Industrial Products, Transportation & Logistics or Telecom.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Director, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Proactively lead the Oracle Fusion practice by setting strategy, drive the development of new business in the market, and provide technical advice across disciplines
- Providing finance and treasury transformation expertise especially in the context of Oracle FERP systems, and responsible for hands-on delivery of Oracle Financial system solutions
- Build and develop relationships with the Oracle Middle East Management and Sales Teams to ensure a close working relationship between the two firms
- Building strong networks within the firm to spot and capitalize on opportunities to get involved in projects that others are leading across a number of different business units and sectors
- Identifying and discussing key issues with our clients to identify potential opportunities
- Responsibility for a majority of day to day client communications
- Responsibility to shape and deliver various projects that exceed the expectations of our clients and our own assignment quality criteria
- Manage and deliver large projects by developing the project team, assessing engagement risks throughout, driving conclusions, and reviewing / challenging the output produced by the team
- Responsibility for management of engagement financials
- Helping to grow and develop our team through hands on training and coaching
- Experience in leading Oracle relationships, building client offerings and leading teams and business developments in the Oracle Fusion space
- Expertise in and experience of implementing Oracle Financial ERP systems as a functional consultant for external stakeholders
- Experience in conducting Finance Function assessments and opportunity funneling for pilots
- Knowledge and experience of at least 2 sectors among Public Sector, Telecoms, Industrial Products, Financial Services Oil-Gas and Utilities sector is required.
- Interest and passion for developing, growing and leading a team through coaching and mentoring, as well as proactive knowledge sharing.
- Experience in providing process expertise for implementation in end-to-end processes (Order to Cash, Record to Report, Procure to Pay) covering design and implementation
- Experience in designing operating models, governance and communication frameworks within Finance Function
- Experience of driving and reporting on progress of large transformation projects.
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritize workload whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Proven IT skills in the following programs Microsoft Project, Excel and PowerPoint.
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East and worldwide where the project requirement dictate.
- Proven Track Record in Sales of Professional Services of US$ 1.5 million - 2.5 million annually
- roven track record in Revenue Under Management (implementation oversight and control) of US$ 1.5 million
Minimum years experience required
- 12-15 years of relevant experience in a similar role, out of which a minimum of 8 years must be within consulting focus on finance transformation and broader finance consulting.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a relevant subject such as Finance, Accounting and a professional certification like ACCA, CA, CPA, CIMA or CMA; OR
- MBA or Masters in Finance, with or without professional certification
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.