Job description / Role
Consulting, Finance Function, Treasury Consulting Expert - Manager (Dubai)
Line of Service
Job Description Summary
In Consulting, you will have the opportunity to work closely with the best across industry and professional functional advisory services. We focus on helping solve client problems by offering both strategic and operational deep industry expertise. We pride ourselves on building long-lasting relationships with companies and organizations, always ensuring that we are able to bring the best insights and solutions to help them tackle whatever critical issues they may face. Our Consulting practice currently focuses on several core sectors including Consumer and Industrial Products & Services, Energy, Utilities & Mining, Financial Services, Government, Health Industries, supported by competencies like, Finance Function Effectiveness, People and Organisations and Technology.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead and deliver a diverse range of finance transformation projects covering Finance Policies and Procedures, Financial Planning and Budgeting, Chart of Account design, Period Close, Financial Reporting, Corporate Treasury, Management Reporting, Quality Assurance in ERP enablement and Indirect tax.
- Identify business leads, develop proposals and work with local Partners, Directors and Senior Managers to grow the Finance Consulting business unit, ensuring that all relevant opportunities to assist clients are identified and optimised.
- Oversee the setting of project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards; working with team members to define business requirements and plan the activities for specific projects and work streams within projects.
- Monitor project budgets and prepare regular status reports for stakeholders.
- Remain up-to-date on industry and market trends and recognise the impact of these on our clients, and consequently how you can help shape their thinking and our success in the market.
- Advise clients on strategic finance-related matters and design solutions that can help transform clients' finance functions.
- Assist in creating and presenting winning proposals to support our clients in the UAE, KSA and broader Middle East.
- Lead knowledge building and sharing, using knowledge management methodologies, techniques, and processes.
- Coordinate with others to utilise learning and development tools and techniques to analyse, identify and communicate requirements for change.
- Support the development and growth of the Middle East-based Finance Consulting team, through engaged mentoring and coaching of junior team members; performance evaluations and development plan discussions; ensuring local team utilisation; and identifying future people needs and driving local recruitment efforts as required.
Minimum years experience required
- 5 to 9 years of experience in a similar role or within a corporate treasury environment; significant experience in corporate treasury with focus on transformation and change positions in at least one of the following areas:
- Treasury Operating Model development
- Treasury processes and procedures
- Financial and Treasury risk management (e.g. FX, commodity, interest, counterparty)
- Cash, liquidity and banking
- Treasury systems (e.g. SAP TRM, Kyriba, Reval, FIS - Quantum, SWIFT)
- Previous experience of working on major change or implementation programs within a corporate treasury function, either process or software related.
- Supporting decision making at a senior level (Treasurer, Finance Director, CFO level) and be able to demonstrate a track record of implementation success, achieving savings, mitigating risks and overcoming various challenges
- Deep understanding of treasury operating models and key business drivers in a multi-national corporate environment
- Ability to demonstrate best practice approaches within a corporate treasury function across multiple dimensions including processes, people, systems and operations
- Ability to analyse issues and requirements, formulate a solution and create a proposal based on the recommended solution
- Ability to work with Treasury and Finance professionals within clients and demonstrate ability and understanding of Treasury needs and challenges
- Experience of driving and reporting on progress of large finance and treasury transformation projects.
- Proven ability to conduct industry research and articulate opinions
- Should have an analytical mindset
- Previous Big 4 or Tier 1 technology consulting experience would be an added advantage
- Self-motivated and confident, with a strong work ethic.
- Interest and passion for developing, growing and leading a team through coaching and mentoring, as well as proactive knowledge sharing.
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise workload whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Proven IT skills in the following programs Microsoft Project, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Language Skills: Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Fluency in English is essential and Bilingual skills in Arabic language will be an added advantage
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East and worldwide where the project requirement dictate.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a relevant subject such as Finance, Accounting and a professional certification like ACCA, CA, CPA, CIMA or CMA; OR
- MBA or Masters in Finance, with or without professional certification
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.