Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
In Consulting, you will have the opportunity to work closely with the best across industry and professional functional advisory services. We focus on helping solve client problems by offering both strategic and operational deep industry expertise. We pride ourselves on building long-lasting relationships with companies and organizations, always ensuring that we are able to bring the best insights and solutions to help them tackle whatever critical issues they may face. Our Consulting practice currently focuses on several core sectors including Consumer and Industrial Products & Services, Energy, Utilities & Mining, Financial Services, Government, Health Industries, supported by competencies like, Finance Function Effectiveness, People and Organisations and Technology.
As a Senior Consultant, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Reporting to a Manager within the Finance Function Effectiveness team, the Senior Consultant will participate in cross-functional internal and client teams to develop and deliver strategic finance transformation projects covering Finance Policies and Procedures, Financial Planning and Budgeting, Chart of Account design, Period Close, Financial Reporting, Corporate Treasury, Management Reporting, Quality Assurance in ERP enablement and Indirect tax.
- Play a role in advising clients on strategic finance-related matters and designing solutions that can help address complex finance-related challenges, achieve sustainable results and demonstrate real impact.
- Collaborate with PwC colleagues throughout the client assignment and work as a strong team member, taking ownership of areas of the project with limited supervision from senior team members.
- Assist in the management and coaching of junior team members during projects and actively mentor Consultants in the Finance Function Effectiveness team.
- Keep up to date with current regional and global economic and business trends, particularly maintaining a keen interest in Finance trends and the impact on our clients so you can help shape their thinking and our success in the market.
- Assist in researching and writing winning proposals to support our clients in the UAE, KSA and broader Middle East.
- Whilst working in the Finance Consulting team you will work collaboratively with colleagues from the broader Consulting Team and other Lines of Service, in order to shape the future of our clients and to bring about positive change. You will have access to all of the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider PwC network.
- 3 to 6 years of experience in a similar role or within a corporate treasury environment; experience in corporate treasury with focus on transformation and change positions in at least one of the following areas:
- Treasury Operating Model development
- Treasury processes and procedures
- Financial and Treasury risk management (e.g. FX, commodity, interest, counterparty)
- Cash, liquidity and banking
- Treasury systems (e.g. SAP TRM, Kyriba, Reval, FIS - Quantum, SWIFT)
- Fluency in English is essential and Bilingual skills in Arabic language will be an added advantage
- Previous experience of working on change or implementation programs within a corporate treasury function, either process or software related.
- Supporting decision making at a senior level (Treasurer, Finance Director, CFO level) and be able to demonstrate a track record of implementation success, achieving savings, mitigating risks and overcoming various challenges
- Deep understanding of treasury operating models and key business drivers in a multi-national corporate environment
- Ability to demonstrate best practice approaches within a corporate treasury function across multiple dimensions including processes, people, systems and operations
- Ability to analyse issues and requirements, formulate a solution and create a proposal based on the recommended solution
- Ability to work with Treasury and Finance professionals within clients and demonstrate ability and understanding of Treasury needs and challenges
- Experience of driving and reporting on progress of large finance and treasury transformation projects.
- Proven ability to conduct industry research and articulate opinions
- Should have an analytical mindset
- Previous Big 4 or Tier 1 technology consulting experience would be an added advantage
- Self-motivated and confident, with a strong work ethic.
- Interest and passion for developing, growing and leading a team through coaching and mentoring, as well as proactive knowledge sharing.
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise workload whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Proven IT skills in the following programs Microsoft Project, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East and worldwide where the project requirement dictate.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a relevant subject such as Finance, Accounting and a professional certification like ACCA, CA, CPA, CIMA or CMA; OR
- MBA or Masters in Finance, with or without professional certification
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.