Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
In Consulting, you will have the opportunity to work closely with the best across industry and professional functional advisory services. We focus on helping solve client problems by offering both strategic and operational deep industry expertise. We pride ourselves on building long-lasting relationships with companies and organizations, always ensuring that we are able to bring the best insights and solutions to help them tackle whatever critical issues they may face. Our Consulting practice currently focuses on several core industry sectors including (Consumer and Industrial Products & Services, Energy, Utilities & Mining, Financial Services, Government, Health Industries, Finance Function, People and Organisations, and Technology)
Business Unit Overview
The Financial Services Consulting team provides a full range of services to our Banking & Financial Services clients, including Strategy and Revenue Growth (Entry strategy, Product portfolio analysis, Business plan development and Optimization of revenue generation), Operational excellence (Organization restructuring, Corporate governance development, Organisation transformation, Performance Management, Outsourcing & Shared Services strategies and Cost optimisation), Risk consulting (Risk appetite definition, Risk framework development, Risk reviews and alignment), Technology enablement (System selections, Implementation program management) and Analytics.
We are a growing team and looking for dynamic, flexible, proactive and hardworking experienced consultants who have a passion for shaping financial services positively in the GCC over the coming years. We have a strong pipeline of large, transformational opportunities with our clients which will provide great opportunities for all our people to step up and play significant and rewarding roles.
- Build "Front Office Customer Practice" business for PwC in the Middle East, focusing in the areas of:
- Revenue generation : customer value management, segmentation, pricing, product development, customer and business strategy, marketing and sales effectiveness etc.
- Experience : user experience, customer insights, social media impact, channel mix strategies, impact of digital technologies on experience
- Operating Model : Operating Model development based on the above, implementation plan development
- Innovation Management
- Responsible for sales and delivery of customer proposition and build the team to ensure PwC positions itself as one of the major players in the region
- Lead sales pitches to clients and ensure growth of the customer platform in terms of revenue terms.
- Manage and lead assignments including day-to-day follow up on project teams and ensuring targets are met.
- In addition to the above, embed customer proposition into other likely propositions within the financial consulting practice and ensure integrated concepts are taken to the clients and customer capabilities are leveraged to the fullest, particularly during implementation of the operating model.
- Build and enhance customer team capabilities by always being up to date with trends in the market and understanding the impact on our clients so that you can help shape their thinking and our success in the market.
- Develop propositions and impart this knowledge to Consultants and Senior Consultants.
- Work with colleagues in all Middle Eastern offices on client work and internal initiatives as well as with international teams where appropriate.
- Keep up to date with current trends from the region and from across the world.
- Demonstrate teamwork and responsibility with the engagement team members; stay abreast of current business and economic developments relevant to the client's business; and use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of services provided.
- Whilst working in and leading the Customer Strategy team, you will develop your understanding of the key themes in the market and in the region.
- You will work collaboratively with other Financial Services experts to shape the future of our clients and to bring about positive change.
- You will have access to all of the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider PwC network.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, and Economics, Quantitative Analysis or other related major required.
Years of Experience:
- 5 + years of experience in the Financial Services field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience within the professional services environment.
- Previous experience within the Middle East is a plus, particularly towards the latter part of the career.
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise work load whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Proven IT skills in Excel, Word and Power point.
- Language Skills: Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), particularly ability to articulate concepts and recommendations in written form (PowerPoint reports, charts etc.).
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East and worldwide where the project dictates.
- Strong capability to lead sales and manage delivery.
- Strong ability to manage large project/ consulting teams
- In depth financial sector acumen and the underlying market forces affecting the performance of organizations and their strategic objectives.
- Demonstrated track record in development and implementation of practical solutions to complex strategic challenges.
- Proven strong conceptualized thinking and analytical capabilities.
- Demonstrated track record in business development and sales. Should have a track record in relationship management and business development.
- Should have gained previous experience in managing staff and the ability to demonstrate leadership skills.
- Strong portfolio / program/ project management skills.
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.