Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
In Consulting, you will have the opportunity to work closely with the best across industry and professional functional advisory services. We focus on helping solve client problems by offering both strategic and operational deep industry expertise. We pride ourselves on building long-lasting relationships with companies and organizations, always ensuring that we are able to bring the best insights and solutions to help them tackle whatever critical issues they may face. Our Consulting practice currently focuses on several core industry sectors including (Consumer and Industrial Products & Services, Energy, Utilities & Mining, Financial Services, Government, Health Industries, Finance Function, People and Organisations, and Technology)
Business Unit Overview
The Financial Services (FS) consulting team provides a full range of services to our Banking & Financial Services clients, including Strategy and Revenue Growth, Operational excellence, Customer/Front-Office transformation, Risk consulting, Technology enablement and Data & Analytics.
The FS Data & Analytics practice is a growing and exciting area. We are looking for someone who can support our established work and help grow our business. Someone who has a deep understanding and is passionate about data and its use to drive value for our clients, and has the people and intellectual skills to be able to communicate
issues to a non-technical audience.
Our FS Data practice provides consulting services in the following areas:
- Information/Data Strategy - helping banking clients build a data strategy to enable them to better manage, control, utilize and monetize their data, including building a data architecture, the supporting business case, the transformation roadmap and getting stakeholder engagement.
- Data Management / Integration - helping clients build a data warehouse/data lake to better manage their data, including data sourcing / mapping, data modelling, master data management and data migration.
- Data Quality and Governance - helping clients with managing the quality of their data and putting an effective governance mechanism around this, including data profiling, data remediation / cleansing and data quality reporting & controls.
- Reporting and MI - helping clients to better utilize their data and provide the right MI and focus on the right KPIs through use of interactive dashboards and reports, including building information management workflows.
- Data Analytics - helping clients to better monetize their data through the use of advanced analytics to drive deeper insights into its customers and operations. There are two main areas of focus under this area, Customer Analytics & Insight and Financial Crime Analytics.
We are looking for dynamic, flexible, proactive and hardworking experienced consultants who have a passion for shaping financial services positively in the GCC over the coming years. We have a strong pipeline of large, transformational opportunities with our clients which will provide great opportunities for all our people to step up and play significant and rewarding roles.
- Responsible for sales and delivery of data & analytics propositions, with specific focus on data management and data strategy pillars.
- Help build the data management & data strategy business in the Middle East and build the team to ensure PwC positions itself as one of the major players in the region.
- Responsible for supporting business development activities, focussing on data management, and providing resource estimates for engagements.
- Responsible for supporting client pitches and presentations and lead technical discussions around data management.
- Responsible for drawing up and assessing data architectures, including traditional DWH, Big Data and Cloud Architectures.
- Supporting build out of Data Strategies and Roadmaps for clients.
- Developing innovative solutions using cutting edge technologies, for structured and un-structured data.
- Implementing governance strategies to ensure the security, integrity, and availability of information.
- Working with a range of global alliance partners from the largest (Microsoft, Oracle, Google) to SMEs specialising in specific technologies or industry verticals.
- Manage delivery of assignments including day-to-day follow up on project teams.
- In addition to the above, embed data management proposition into other likely propositions within the financial consulting practice and ensure integrated concepts are taken to the clients.
- Build and enhance data management team capabilities by always being up to date with data trends and understanding the impact on our clients so that you can help shape their thinking and our success in the market.
- Work with Partners & Directors to support internal thought leadership development on FS specific offerings.
- Develop propositions and impart this knowledge to Managers, Consultants and Senior Consultants.
- Coach and mentor junior resources around FS business drivers and data management technical capabilities.
- A university degree, preferably in computer science, engineering, business and information or similar, and ideally an MBA or MSc.
- Years of Experience: 5-10 years of experience in Data Management and Data Architecture
- Minimum 4 years of experience within a professional services environment.
- Minimum 4-5 years of experience within Financial Services and specifically Banking sector.
- Previous experience within the Middle East is a plus.
- Technical experience: Data architecture and data strategy (EDW and Big Data), master data management, (building 360 view of customer), data migration, ETL and Data Integration.
- Detailed understanding of BI Architecture including cloud deployments.
- Experience of writing and defining BI and reporting strategies.
- Knowledge of the data management vendor landscape and experience with FS data models from Teradata, IBM, Oracle or Microsoft.
- Experience in big data technologies (such as Hadoop).
- Familiarity with technologies including Hive, Spark, Atlas etc.
- An understanding of implementing enterprise Big Data security and governance.
- Knowledge of data modelling methodologies applicable in Big Data environments.
- The ability to articulate Big Data use cases relevant in Financial Services.
- Experience of visualization tools such as Power BI, Tableau, Spotfire or QlikView.
- Knowledge of Data sourcing, profiling, cleansing, & transformation best practice methods, including capturing of lineage & data definitions.
- In depth financial sector acumen and the underlying market forces affecting the performance of organizations and their strategic objectives.
- Demonstrated track record in business development and sales. Should have a track record in relationship management and business development.
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise work load whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Language Skills: Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), particularly ability to articulate concepts and recommendations in written form (PowerPoint reports, data visualisation etc.).
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East and worldwide where the project dictates.
- Strong ability to be flexible and adaptive on a daily basis.
- Strong ability to work independently and as part of a team with a fast pace and a high energy that will translate into a high quality output.
- Should have gained previous experience in managing staff and the ability to demonstrate leadership skills.
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.