Job description / Role
Line of Service
Banking and Capital Markets
Job Description & Summary
In Consulting, you will have the opportunity to work closely with the best across industry and professional functional advisory services. We focus on helping solve client problems by offering both strategic and operational deep industry expertise. We pride ourselves on building long-lasting relationships with companies and organizations, always ensuring that we are able to bring the best insights and solutions to help them tackle whatever critical issues they may face. Our Consulting practice currently focuses on several core industry sectors including (Consumer and Industrial Products & Services, Energy, Utilities & Mining, Financial Services, Government, Health Industries, Finance Function, People and Organisations, and Technology)
Business Unit Overview
The Financial Services (FS) consulting team provides a full range of services to our Banking & Financial Services clients, including Strategy and Revenue Growth, Operational excellence, Customer/Front-Office transformation, Risk consulting, Technology enablement and Data & Analytics.
The FS Data & Analytics practice is a growing and exciting area. We are looking for someone who can support our established work and help grow our business. Someone who has a deep understanding and is passionate about data and its use to drive value for our clients, and has the people and intellectual sills to be able to communicate issues to a non-technical audience.
Our FS Data practice provides consulting services in the following areas:
- Information/Data Strategy - helping banking clients build a data strategy to enable them to better manage, control, utilize and monetize their data, including building a data architecture, the supporting business case, the transformation roadmap and getting stakeholder engagement.
- Data Management / Integration -helping clients build a data warehouse/data lake to better manage their data, including data sourcing / mapping, data modelling, master data management and data migration
- Data Quality and Governance - helping clients with managing the quality of their data and putting an effective governance mechanism around this, including data profiling, data remediation / cleansing and data quality reporting & controls
- Reporting and MI - helping clients to better utilize their data and provide the right MI and focus on the right KPIs through use of interactive dashboards and reports, including building information managemen workflows
- Advanced Analytics - helping clients to better monetize their data through the use of advanced analytics to drive deeper insights into its customers and operations. There are two main areas of focus under this area i. Customer Analytics & Insight and ii. Financial Crime Analytics
We are looking for dynamic, flexible, proactive and hardworking experienced consultants who have a passion for shaping financial services positively in the GCC over the coming years. We have a strong pipeline of large, transformational opportunities with our clients which will provide great opportunities for all our people to step up and play significant and rewarding roles.
- Lead Digital delivery engagement in the Middle East, ensuring project / program targets are met.
- Assist in Digital business development activities
- Assist our clients to build the required capabilities for growth and innovation
- Engaging with key client stakeholders to understand the business needs driving innovation and digitalisation
- Synchronising business needs with overall solutions structures considering the full people, process, technology interactions necessary for successful implementations.
- Developing our thought leadership at the intersect of business and digital
- Developing innovative solutions using cutting edge technologies
- Support sales pitches to clients and ensure growth of the Digital FS platform
- In addition to the above, embed Digital FS proposition into other likely propositions within the financial consulting practice and ensure integrated concepts are taken to the clients and digital capabilities are leveraged to the fullest.
- Build and enhance digital team capabilities by always being up to date with digital trends and understanding the impact on our clients so that you can help shape their thinking and our success in the market.
- Work with Directors and Partners to support internal thought leadership development on industry specific offerings.
- Develop propositions and impart this knowledge Managers, Senior Consultants and Consultants.
- Coach and mentor junior resources around industry business drivers and Digital capabilities.
- Work with colleagues in all Middle Eastern offices on client work and internal initiatives as well as with international teams where appropriate.
- Keep up to date with current trends from the region and from across the world. Demonstrate teamwork and responsibility with the engagement team members; stay abreast of current business and economic developments relevant to the client's business; and use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of services provided.
- Whilst being an integral part of the Digital FS team, you will have a great opportunity building and shaping the team, you will develop your understanding of the key themes in the market and in the region. You will work collaboratively with other Financial Services experts to shape the future of our clients and to bring about positive change. You will have access to all of the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider PwC network.
- Education: Bachelor Degree in economics, engineering, computer science or related fields
- Years of Experience: 10+ years of experience in the development of Digital strategies and transformation programmes
- At least 3-4 years of strategy/management consulting experience AND 4-6 years of relevant experience within the Financial Services and/or tech industry covering digital related activities;
- OR 10 years strategy/management consulting experience at a top tier global management consulting firm with exposure to digital and financial services transformation related topics
- Previous experience within the Middle East is a plus.
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise work load whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in engaging clients on technology, digitalisation and innovation
- Knowledge of, and passion for, technology trends e.g. Robotics, Big Data, Advanced Machine Learning, Internet of Things, AR/VR, Automation
- Equally comfortable in the role of business or digital / technology strategist; able to rapidly assess business implications of digital strategy
- A strong understanding of industry operations, dynamics and trends through experience in Financial Services industries
- Strong analytical skills, understanding of complex issues, the ability to quickly absorb information, conceptual and creative problem solving excellence
- Ability to easily establish trust-based relationships and gain valuable insights through collaboration and communication
- Language Skills: Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), particularly ability to articulate concepts and recommendations in written form (PowerPoint reports, data visualisation etc.).
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East and worldwide where the project dictates.
- Strong ability to be flexible and adaptive on a daily basis.
- Strong ability to work independently and as part of a team with a fast pace and a high energy that will translate into a high quality output.
- In depth financial sector acumen and the underlying market forces affecting the performance of organizations and their strategic objectives.
- Should have gained previous experience in managing staff and the ability to demonstrate leadership skills.
- Proven strong conceptualized thinking and analytical capabilities.
- Demonstrated high quality planning and execution capabilities.
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.