Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Management and Risk Consulting practice, within General Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help clients seize essential advantages by working alongside business leaders to solve their toughest problems and capture their greatest opportunities. We work with some of the world's largest and most complex companies to understand their unique business issues and opportunities in an ever changing environment. We help create sustainable change by stimulating innovation, unlocking data possibilities, navigating risk and regulatory complexity, optimising deals, and aligning costs with business strategy to create a competitive advantage.
As a member of our team, you'll help the world's most significant organisations, public and private, quickly become more effective. We improve the way they operate, manage costs, better align people, process and technology initiatives; support business growth to maintain or improve competitive edge and complete market and regulatory risk assessment. In doing so, we focus on their agendas and the big issues they need to deal with, both today and in the future.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Take action to ensure everyone has a voice, inviting opinion from all.
- Establish the root causes of issues and tackle them, rather than just the symptoms.
- Initiate open and honest coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required.
- Develop specialised expertise in one or more areas.
- Advise stakeholders on relevant technical issues for their business area.
- Navigate the complexities of global teams and engagements.
- Build trust with teams and stakeholders through open and honest conversation.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, and Economics, Quantitative Analysis or other related major is ideal.
- Strong knowledge and experience of developing statistical models in R or SAS (Base SAS or EG). Certification in Base SAS will be a plus.
- Must demonstrate T-model of competency with deep expertise in a specific risk vertical - could include one or more of Risk Analytics, Credit Risk, ERM, ALM or Market Risk.
- In addition should demonstrate broad awareness of generic concepts covering a broad range of risk and regulatory domain areas.
- Must demonstrate at least one of the following:
- Extensive industry experience with Banks/FIs preferably in Risk Domain
- Extensive analytics/methodology expertise - Statistical model building
- Extensive consulting experience in risk/analytics domain
- End-to-end Risk Solution implementation experience - Moody's/SAS
- Good knowledge or prior experience of working on key regulations in FS space including IFRS 9, Basel II, Basel III, MIFID, FRTB would be an added plus.
Minimum years experience required
- 8+ years of experience in Financial Services Risk Management at a reputed Bank or Consulting Firm.
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.