Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
Reporting to a Manager/Senior Manager within the Financial Services Practice, the Senior Consultant will participate in cross-functional engagement teams to develop and deliver on strategic change within sophisticated and challenging environments in an industry that's experiencing disruptions or exponential growth.
PwC Middle East - Consulting - Financial Services - Senior Associate
PwC Global Overview
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We're a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 208,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
PwC Middle East Overview
Established in the region for over 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,500 people across 12 countries: Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Palestine and the United Arab Emirates. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market, and beyond.
PwC Line of Service Overview
In Consulting, you will have the opportunity to work closely with the best across industry and professional functional advisory services. We focus on helping solve client problems by offering both strategic and operational advice leveraging deep industry expertise. We pride ourselves on building long-lasting relationships with our clients, always ensuring that we are able to bring the best insights and solutions to help them tackle whatever critical issues they may face. Our Consulting practice currently focuses on several core economic sectors including; Consumer and Industrial Products & Services, Energy, Utilities & Mining, Financial Services, Government, and Health Industries. Our services cover competencies including Digital, Technology, People & Organisation and Finance.
Business Unit Overview
The Financial Services Consulting Practice focuses on working closely with regulators, financial institutions and funds across the region in helping them solve some of their most complex problems by working collectively to shape up their businesses for the future and execute on their strategies. We advise on key issues and a vast array of activities that range from business strategy, risk and regulation, financial crime, operational excellence, customer centricity and the disruptive impact of digital technologies.
Within the Middle East, we are currently experiencing an exponential growth within the FS Practice and our business as a whole. With that we are looking for dynamic, flexible, driven and proactive individuals with an entrepreneurial mindset who have the passion for delivering impactful work and really making a difference amongst our financial services clients. We have a strong, healthy pipeline of large, transformational opportunities with iconic organizations and entities within the region which in turn will reward our people with great opportunities to step up, and play a significant role in making a difference to our clients and at the same time achieve personal aspirations for development and growth.
Reporting to a Manager/Senior Manager within the Financial Services Practice, the Senior Consultant will participate in cross-functional engagement teams to develop and deliver on strategic change within sophisticated and challenging environments in an industry that's experiencing disruptions or exponential growth:
- Apply and extend working knowledge of the Capital Markets industry in one or more of the following domains: Asset Management / Sovereign Wealth Funds, Capital Markets Regulation and Compliance, Trading & Post Trade Services. Provide advice to clients on current international market trends to ensure optimum marketing potential.
- Help advise financial services clients on strategic matters and play a role in designing solutions that can help address complex issues, achieve sustainable results and demonstrate real impact
- Collaborate with PwC colleagues throughout the client assignment and contribute to a winning team by taking responsibility for assigned work streams with limited supervision from senior team members, showcasing ownership and accountability at all times
- Assist in the coaching of junior team members within the Financial Services Practice by sharing knowledge, advice, and experience in helping others develop, grow and succeed
- Service a wide variety of clients, getting to know their unique business needs, establishing rapport and a strong element of trust between yourself and the client domain that you operate in
- Leverage the firm and own resources to keep up to date with current regional and global economic and business trends, specifically in the Financial Services Sector and as relevant to your evolving skill set so you can help shape our clients' thinking and our success in the market
- Assist in business development opportunities by researching and writing winning proposals to support our clients across the Middle East region
- Work with colleagues across all Middle Eastern offices on client work and internal initiatives as well as connecting with global resources and leveraging credentials not only at a local level but also at a global level
- Manage work streams, seeking guidance and support as and when needed, learning all the time and delivering exceptional quality that meets or even exceeds clients' expectations.
- Successful track record in the Capital Market Asset & Wealth Management Industries, ideally gained through up to 5 years Consulting experience in a top tier consultancy, a specialist financial service consultancy or within an internal change function of a top tier investment bank / asset manager.
- Strong involvement in delivering change across the value chain and in the digital transformation of the sector
- To make an impact, we are looking for talented resources who can demonstrate a selection or all of the skills and experiences listed below:
- Understanding of the operating model concepts, design and analysis and its application to the relevant Industry
- Front-to-back business process transformation experience
- Knowledge and insights of the key trends and client challenges within the Capital Markets / Asset & Wealth Management Industry
- Shaping and delivering business and technology/digital transformation
- Defining and implementing new business and operating models
- Outsourcing of Asset / Wealth Management services and post-merger integration services and post-merger integration
- Knowledge and experience of key regulations impacting the industry including Client Suitability, MiFID II, CSDR, Data Privacy and associated compliance issues
- In addition, the following are mandatory requirements:
- Understanding of the diverse requirements of clients and the need to work on projects in differing geographies and time zones
- Bachelor's degree from a reputable university
- Mandatory proficiency in English and ideally Arabic at a written and spoken level
- Willing to travel up to 80% of the time
- Proficient in MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Relationship building and business development skills
- PMP, PRINCE2, Investment Management Certificates and other related qualifications are advantageous
- Demonstrate Influencing, Negotiation, and Presentation skills as well as business analysis
- Understanding of project management attributes
- Self-starter with credible commercial insight and familiarity with closing deals
- Attention to detail with a genuine appetite for growth
- Quick learner with an aptitude for system and technical concepts
- Proactive in nature by demonstrating initiatives and showcase creativity in problem solving
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.