Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
The Financial Services Consulting team provides a full range of services to our Banking & Financial Services clients, including Strategy and Revenue Growth (Entry strategy, Product portfolio analysis, Business plan development and Optimization of revenue generation), Operational excellence (Organization restructuring, Corporate governance development, Organisation transformation, Performance Management, Outsourcing & Shared Services strategies and Cost optimisation), Risk consulting (Risk appetite definition, Risk framework development, Risk reviews and alignment), Technology enablement (System selections, Implementation program management) and Analytics.
We are a growing team and looking for dynamic, flexible, proactive and hardworking experienced consultants who have a passion for shaping financial services positively in the GCC over the coming years. We have a strong pipeline of large, transformational opportunities with our clients which will provide great opportunities for all our people to step up and play significant and rewarding roles.
- Prepare, manage and deliver assignments: typically have day-to-day responsibility for managing small assignments or major modules of assignments depending on assignment size.
- Supervise and train Consultants, Senior Consultants and Managers - assign and coach junior members of the project team on execution of fieldwork.
- Work with colleagues in all Middle Eastern offices on client work and internal initiatives as well as with international teams where appropriate.
- Keep up to date with current trends from the region and from across the world staying abreast of current business and economic developments relevant to the client's business.
- Whilst working with and being an integral part of the Strategy and Operations team, you will develop your understanding of the key themes in the market and in the region. You will work collaboratively with other Financial Services experts to shape the future of our clients and to bring about positive change. You will have access to all of the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider PwC network.
- Identify, plan, quantify and implement process optimization to enhance efficiency, automation / robotics resulting in reduction in TAT, error rates, cost, FTE, scrap and rework.
- Design and development of target operating model for key areas with banking back office operation covering process, people, technology and Governance.
- Analyze business processes, identify automation opportunities, define RPA value proposition, re-engineer process to improve automation potential and recommend RPA approach/strategy.
- Manage and deliver components of business engagements that identify, design, and implement technology and creative RPA solutions for the organization.
- Develop, manage and co-ordinate the performance excellence / performance improvement vision and deployment planning.
- Develop key performance and managing periodic process performance review.
- Responsible for leading tracks on engagements and independently lead specific deliverables in engagements.
- Strong ability to manage clients and be the point of contact.
- Years of Experience: 9 - 16 years of management consulting experience in a similar role.
- Experience of Large banking operations and compliance transformation projects, with a track record of successful implementation.
- Applied knowledge of system development lifecycle for core banking and banking ancillaries.
- Strong knowledge of bank application landscape and infrastructure e.g. data warehousing, middleware.
- Strong data analytical skills and knowledge of advanced excel / data tools such as Alteryx or power BI.
- Business casing and modelling of managed services or outsourcing models.
- Understanding of core retail (and or) corporate banking products and features (including product support required in middle and back office).
- Detailed understanding on how middle and back office enablement can support wider business initiatives and top line growth i.e. reduced TAT/ improved CX/ throughput).
- Ability to understand and design associated TOM/ user journeys across customer value chain (including its linkage to middle and back office processes).
- Understanding of how key principles of innovation (reduces TAT/ improved CX/ go to market ability) can be applied across the front middle and back office and key levers to pull within the wider business.
- Execution experience demonstrated in supporting banks implement and execute on strategy (Ie business casing initiatives, scoping associated BRDs - providing input to change considerations/ technical restrictions).
- Business casing of respective initiatives and ability to articulate complex problems to a solution.
- Understanding how to deliver and execute a best in class customer value proposition (enablement required to support front end).
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, and Economics, Quantitative Analysis or other related major required.
- Significant experience in managing staff and the ability to demonstrate leadership skills.
- Should have relationship and business development skills acquired from previous working environments.
- Develop detailed Business Plans, Feasibility Studies, Market analysis, Business analysis, MIS Reporting, Cash Flow Modelling, Analysis of Balance Sheet and P&L etc.
- Should have a consulting mindset and experience.
- Strong presentation skills; business writing skills and project management skills.
- Fluent verbal and written English communication skills.
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.