Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
A career in Knowledge Management, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to play an integral part of knowledge sharing across the PwC network so that we can continually provide better service to our clients. You'll help organise and manage various sources of information as well as provide research support for internal and external clients.
As a Senior Manager you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Integrate internal and external knowledge sources into a database/directory to create a repository of information accessible throughout the LoS
- Support business KM Champions in setting priorities and enabling the creation of thought leadership artefacts in the LoS
- Work to identify the knowledge assets critical to enterprise KM
Knowledge Capture & Documentation
- Improve functionalities of available tools to meet staff knowledge capture and documentation needs (e.g. reporting functionality on consulting source to track KM material download)
- Improve LoS adoption of available tools to motivate staff on their use
- Set up the functionality that allows upload of KM material against project codes and proposal codes to track uploads and thus track contribution by Business Unit
- Initiate a below-the-line awareness campaign for new KM processes and requirements
- Develop a quarterly KM newsletter to incentivize production and increase awareness
- Seek out opportunities where knowledge sharing can add value to the enterprise
- Gain familiarity with PwC's global KM resources and disseminate this widely within the Consulting LoS
- Define and enable standardised processes to create, collect, store and access KM material
- Integrate clear and measurable KM KPIs as part of client staff appraisal process across all levels
- Integrate a tracker for KM KPIs on management dashboards of practices and priority accounts
- Drive production and regular updates of new KM material such as practice overviews, practice brochures, market overviews
- Coordinate with Business Unit KM Champions to discuss, prioritize and develop thought leadership pieces
- Develop and monitor KM budget centrally, and oversee KM budget of each Business Unit
Align with Global Knowledge Network
- Establish rapport with the global KM community and sources and act as the single point of contact for ME Consulting
- Leverage connections to share and learn more about best knowledge management practices that can be applied in Consulting in the Middle East
Align with xLoS KM Leaders
- Periodically meet with other ME LoS KM Leaders to discuss experience and share insights
- Distill lessons learned from other LoS and apply relevant findings to KM practice in Consulting
Coordinate with Bussines Unit KM Champions
- Support in nominating a KM Champion to kick-start and lead the KM function in each BU
- Work with BU KM Champions and BU leadership to establish a common understanding and focus for KM
- Organize and facilitate regular meetings to discuss progress, risks and issues with BU KM Champions
- Act as primary point of contact for all BU KM Champions
- Support BU KM Champions in prioritization of initiatives and identification of BU KM needs and requirements
Manage Business Services Provider (BSP)
- Organize and execute periodic calls/meetings to report on progress and gather statistics on BSP performance against SLAs (e.g. performance on meeting KPIs, quality of services, timeliness, etc.)
- Create a repository of research reports generated by the BSP
- Act as the primary point of contact for any risks and issues raised by the BSP (e.g. need for more resources, etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree Required - Master's is preferred
- Overall +10 years of experience of which at least 5 years should have been with an international management consultancy in their knowledge management function in a leadership role
- Past experience of establishing the Knowledge Management function will be an asset
- Ability to work in both English & Arabic is preferred
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.