Job description / Role
The UGBU EMEA Practice Management is responsible for the recruitment, development, training and allocation of all Project Managers to UGBU Application Implementation projects throughout the EMEA Region
Brief Posting Description
This role will be responsible for the Project Management and delivery of significant size projects for a Utilities client. Reporting to the EMEA Practice Manager.
Prime responsibility is to manage the implementation of the Oracle Utilities product Customer- to-Meter (C2M) for a Qatar client. This will involve all aspects of project management from project kick-off to closure and will involve spending significant time on site with the client.
This will be one stream in a programme being delivered, as a result the project manager will be reporting into a Oracle Programme Manager.
- The Authority to run the project on a day-to-day basis within the constraints laid down.
- Accountable for operational/financial metrics including budgeting and forecasting activities.
- Maintaining project profitability
- Quality of project delivery
- People management.
- Planning and monitoring of project delivery using MS Project
- Prepare project work products and maintain as per the project management methodology.
- Resource planning and management
- Communicating effectively both to internal and external stakeholders.
- Project reporting during all project phases as per the reporting cadence.
- Management of risks and issues relating to the project.
- Change Control and Configuration management.
- Working directly with the external customers
Industry and Technical knowledge:
- Minimum of 10 years of client facing Project Management Experience for application development, implementation and software upgrade projects.
- Experience of managing project teams in the order of 20 to 30 resources, including significant involvement of offshore development centre(s) and external subcontractors.
- Experience of managing projects with budgets of $2 to $4 million of services.
- Preference for Project Management with 5 years' experience in Utilities Industry (electricity, gas, water).
- Preference for knowledge of Oracle Utilities products e.g. CCB/C2M.
- Experience of delivering both fixed priced and time and materials projects.
- Experience of managing subcontractors
- Project Management Certification.
About the Company
Oracle offers an integrated array of applications, databases, servers, storage, and cloud technologies to empower modern business. For most companies, flexibility is critical. Oracle provides a wide choice of software, systems, and cloud deployment models - including public, on-premises, and hybrid clouds - to ensure that technology flexes to the unique needs of a business.
Oracle Cloud is a complete, integrated stack of platform, infrastructure, and application services. With advanced scalability and security, Oracle Cloud enables technical agility across the enterprise, connects people to information for clearer insights, and fosters efficiency through simplified workflows.
More than 420,000 customers across 145 countries have harnessed Oracle technology to accelerate their digital transformation.