Job description / Role
Line of Service
Transportation & Logistics
Job Description & Summary
As a senior member of the practice, the Senior Manager will be expected to:
- Lead teams to deliver Transport & Logistics projects across the GCC, often managing multiple projects in parallel
- Manage mid - senior client stakeholders
- Work with the team to generate new business, through pro-actively generating opportunities in addition to responding to requests from clients
- Leverage the wider PwC regional and global network to support internal and external activities
- Support and develop both the Transport & Logistics and wider CIPS team, through refining our propositions, developing team capability and supporting to develop and deliver the annual business plan
The ideal candidate will have a Masters degree in a related field, or an MBA or equivalent post-graduate degree from a top-school. The candidate will be a strong leader, who demonstrates business acumen, can confidently manage PwC consultants, and can engage articulately and effectively with clients. The candidate should demonstrate:
- Successfully plan, manage and deliver multiple client engagements
- Identify and generate new business opportunities
- Focus on creating a few key platform accounts
- Support the effort to manage and motivate the wider Transport & Logistics team
- Assist in efforts to create IP
- Support ongoing efforts to articulate consulting offerings to take to market
- Assist in gathering market intelligence and developing thought leadership
- Strong regional knowledge including experience of working with major transport companies
- International exposure, including experience of working with major transport companies
- A deep understanding of all sectors within surface transport, demonstrated through thought leadership / publications
- An understanding of typical projects conducted with surface transport clients
- The preferable candidate would have worked across themes such as strategy, M&A, operations, process improvement, performance management, customer experience,etc.
Minimum years experience required
- The ideal candidate will have 10+ years in surface transportation experience through consulting, industry, investment banking or private equity. The candidate must be very familiar with the industry in the Middle East, including key organisations, key stakeholders, current trends and challenges. Prior experience in other sectors of transportation, such as maritime and aviation would be a bonus
- Ethical, honest, straightforward, and, equitable
- Proactive / self-starter
- Strong team player
- Assertive and confident
- Fluent in English and preferably Arabic
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.