Job description / Role
Oracle Retail Global Business Unit (RGBU) was formed about 9 years ago with the acquisition of the best in class companies Retek, Profitlogic, 360Commerce and others.
RGBU offers the industry's broadest set of retail-specific solutions, including products that cover Merchandise Management, Warehouse Management, Data Warehouse, Replenishment, Pricing, Forecasting, Planning, etc. Oracle Retail, operating in more than 22 countries around the world, includes 20 of 20 top largest retailers around the world.
To maintain its market leading position the Oracle Retail Business Unit (RGBU) Consulting Practice seeks a Consulting Project Manager responsible for successful delivery and oversight of projects in our EMEA customer base. The successful candidate will be responsible for supervising a team of Consultants, ensuring quality work at customer sites and be accountable for operational/financial metrics and maintaining project/portfolio profitability while ensuring quality of project delivery and maintaining customer referenceability.
The main objectives of this role are to:
- Develop long term valued relationships with clients
- Successfully understand and manage expectations throughout the implementation process
- Ensure the delivery of high quality and appropriate solutions
- Assure project delivery to approved financial targets (project margin responsibility)
- Ensure adherence to operational policies and methodology
The position requires an estimate 70%-80% travel availability
- Reports to Consulting Delivery Practice Director for general performance and to the Oracle Account Engagement Director for individual project delivery responsibilities
- Reports to the client senior level and project management, in the context of the program's objectives and deliverables
- No direct reports, but runs a management team of very senior Consultants from Oracle, as well as Partners and third parties when required, frequently geographically dispersed (including offshore resources)
- Works towards geography Consulting utilisation target and project profitability targets
- Provides coaching, guidance and feedback to develop skills of team members
- Managing the transition from the client's acceptance of proposal to program initiation
- Defining the scope, expectations and implementation approach of the program; then establishing and maintaining stakeholder commitment to this approach
- Developing an effective risk mitigation strategy for the program, including time and financial contingencies
- Producing Project Plans that outline the Project Management processes and include:
- Estimates, a quality plan, key deliverables, resources required, roles and responsibilities, risks, issues and dependencies according to Oracle's quality standards
- Driving the implementation of the Project Plan
- Providing leadership, motivation and direction for the Project Team
- Directly managing the performance of the Consultants on the project
- Monitoring the progress against the Project Plan
- Controlling resource utilisation and program expenditure
- Managing & controlling the program level contract between Oracle and the client, and between Oracle and subcontractors; overseeing the applicable contract change processes as required
- Commissioning, and responding to requests for, appropriate levels of project health-check, quality audit and external technical review; ensuring all resulting actions are effectively undertaken
- Producing regular and accurate progress reports for the Client's management, ORC Management and Oracle Project Sponsor or Engagement Director
- Escalating issues to the right level of management in Oracle and the client organization, as appropriate
- Seeking opportunities to develop new Oracle business with the client, based on a deep understanding of the client's business; identifying and communicating to Sales Management such opportunities.
- Ensuring clients are satisfied with the delivered project
- Communicating within Oracle the lessons learnt on any project
- Communicating with Resourcing current activity and availability
- Generate a Project Plan for each project which fully reflect the bid requirements
- Communicate the plan and gain client buy-in and agreement
- Regularly update the client on progress against Plan
- Ensure that all aspects of customer projects are delivered on time and within the agreed budget
- Generate Change Request Forms as required and obtain appropriate client approval
- Generate Closure Reports and ensure receipt of Acceptance Certificate(s)
- Secure client satisfaction
- Achieve target project margin
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication (English – Mandatory)
- Results orientation
- Influencing and negotiating
- Methodology and best practice focused
- Exceptional organisational, planning and management skills employing appropriate tools such as Microsoft Project, Excel. etc
- Organisational awareness
- Technical/professional depth and credibility
- Continual Oracle Retail improvement and knowledge sharing
- Client management
- Prior consulting experience essential, including large-scale software implementations that incorporate application modifications and multi-site delivery model
- Experience with (Oracle) retail software or direct retail industry experience preferred
- Understanding of market leading project management software tools
- Proven track record in the management and reporting of project KPIs and schedule
- PMI Certification preferred
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
As a recognized authority and leading contributor, this project management professional, provides consistent innovative and high quality solution leadership. Responsible for guiding the successful implementation of non-routine and complex business solutions ensuring high quality and timely delivery within budget to the customer’s satisfaction.
Analyzes business needs to help ensure Oracle’s solution meets the customer’s objectives by combining industry best practices and product knowledge. Effectively applies Oracle’s methodologies and policies while adhering to contractual obligations, thereby minimizing Oracle’s risk and exposure. Exercises judgment and business acumen in selecting methods and techniques for effective project delivery on small to medium engagements. Provides direction and mentoring to project team. Effectively influences decisions at the management level of customer organizations. Ensures deliverables are acceptable and works closely with the customer to understand and manage project expectations. Supports business development efforts by pursuing new opportunities and extensions. Collaborates with the consulting sales team by providing domain credibility. Manages the scope of medium sized projects including the recovery of remedial projects.
8-10 years of experience relevant to this position. Prior project team leadership or management experience. Demonstrated ability to follow solid project management principles. Comfortable working in a matrix management environment. Strong communication skills to deal with internal stakeholders, customers, and vendors. Product, technology or industry expertise relevant to the portfolio focus. Selling skills preferred. Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience. Ability to travel as needed.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
About the Company
Oracle offers an integrated array of applications, databases, servers, storage, and cloud technologies to empower modern business. For most companies, flexibility is critical. Oracle provides a wide choice of software, systems, and cloud deployment models - including public, on-premises, and hybrid clouds - to ensure that technology flexes to the unique needs of a business.
Oracle Cloud is a complete, integrated stack of platform, infrastructure, and application services. With advanced scalability and security, Oracle Cloud enables technical agility across the enterprise, connects people to information for clearer insights, and fosters efficiency through simplified workflows.
More than 420,000 customers across 145 countries have harnessed Oracle technology to accelerate their digital transformation.