Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
A career within General Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help clients seize essential advantages by working alongside business leaders to solve their toughest problems and capture their greatest opportunities. We work with some of the world's largest and most complex companies to understand their unique business issues and opportunities in an ever changing environment. We help create sustainable change by stimulating innovation, unlocking data possibilities, navigating risk and regulatory complexity, optimising deals, and aligning costs with business strategy to create a competitive advantage.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
Lead Analytics delivery engagement in the Middle East in the areas of
- Customer & marketing: next best action, customer profiling, digital and social media, churn and attrition, fees and pricing optimisation, customer lifetime value, marketing effectiveness etc.
- Operations: operational efficiency, productivity, branch network analysis etc.
- Financial Crime: Financial Crime risk models, AML transaction monitoring optimisation, Sanctions customer screening/payment filtering optimisation, Fraud detection
- Management information - business intelligence and visualization, management reporting with BI dashboards, real-time analytics dashboards, what-if analysis, data marts etc.
- Developing innovative solutions using cutting edge technologies, structured and unstructured information.
- Working with a range of global alliance partners from the largest (Microsoft, Oracle, Google, SAS) to SMEs specialising in specific technologies or industry verticals.
- Supporting sales pitches to clients and ensure growth of the analytics platform in FS
- Managing analytics projects / programs and ensuring project / program targets are met.
- In addition to the above, embedding analytics proposition into other likely propositions within the financial consulting practice and ensure integrated concepts are taken to the clients and analytics capabilities are leveraged to the fullest.
- Building and enhancing the analytics' team capabilities by always being up to date with analytics trends and understanding the impact on our clients so that you can help shape their thinking and our success in the market.
- Working with Partners & Directors to support internal thought leadership development on industry specific offerings.
- Developing propositions and impart this knowledge Senior Consultants and Consultants.
- Coaching and mentoring junior resources around industry business drivers and Analytics technical capabilities.
- Working with colleagues in all Middle Eastern offices on client work and internal initiatives as well as with international teams where appropriate.
- Keeping up to date with current trends from the region and from across the world. Demonstrating teamwork and responsibility with the engagement team members; staying abreast of current business and economic developments relevant to the client's business; and using current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of services provided.
- Whilst being an integral part of the Analytics team, you will have a great opportunity building and shaping the team, you will develop your understanding of the key themes in the market and in the region. You will work collaboratively with other FinTech experts to shape the future of our clients and to bring about positive change. You will have access to all of the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider PwC network.
- Education: Master's degree in Mathematics or Statistics is a must.
- Preferable qualifications: PhD in a Mathematics related field is a plus.
- Years of Experience: 6 - 8 years of experience in Analytics & Data mining in Financial Services field. Strong experience in Retail and Commercial banking.
- Minimum 4 years of experience within a professional services environment.
- Previous experience within the Middle East is a plus.
- In depth understanding of machine learning & artificial intelligence applications
- Expert in mathematical modelling and using tools for data analytics and mining. Proven IT skills in analytical tools (Python, R, SAS, Hadoop, Relational Database, Reporting tools etc.)
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise work load whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Language Skills: Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), particularly ability to articulate concepts and recommendations in written form (PowerPoint reports, data visualisation etc.).
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East and worldwide where the project dictates.
- Strong ability to be flexible and adaptive on a daily basis.
- Strong ability to work independently and as part of a team with a fast pace and a high energy that will translate into a high quality output.
- In depth financial sector acumen and the underlying market forces affecting the performance of organizations and their strategic objectives.
- Should have gained previous experience in managing staff and the ability to demonstrate leadership skills.
- Proven strong conceptualized thinking and analytical capabilities.
- Demonstrated high quality planning and execution capabilities.
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.