Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
A career within General Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help clients seize essential advantages by working alongside business leaders to solve their toughest problems and capture their greatest opportunities. We work with some of the world's largest and most complex companies to understand their unique business issues and opportunities in an ever changing environment. We help create sustainable change by stimulating innovation, unlocking data possibilities, navigating risk and regulatory complexity, optimising deals, and aligning costs with business strategy to create a competitive advantage.
To really stand out and make us ?t for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to
- Work under the supervision of Directors and Senior Managers within the Technology Consulting practice.
- Act as a key point of contact with mid-level client managers while on projects, providing project management services on a day-to-day basis.
- Manage and lead consulting streams of work as part of large engagements. Oversee the work of junior consultants.
- Work effectively in cross-functional teams.
- Review deliverables and ensure adherence to scope and completion of work
- Develop solutions for challenging strategy and technology problems.
- Use strategic business consulting skills to work with clients through all stages of strategy-based transformation projects.
- Develop and deliver business, digital, technology and innovation deliverables for the government sector.
- Design the analytical framework and work steps for each assignment in collaboration with senior leaders
- Develop business plans, business cases, master plans and roadmaps as well as define operating models.
- Consult with mid-level client managers to identify, clarify, and resolve complex issues critical to clients' success by developing insight, overseeing the conducting of independent analysis, and meeting with clients to assure assignment progress.
- Develop conclusions and recommendations and develop write-up of reports.
- Coordinate, facilitate and conduct presentations.
- Communicate effectively (both verbal and writing) with both technical personnel, managers and user communities.
- Support development technical and commercial proposals.
- Actively leverage network of connections to highlight potential new business opportunities to firm senior leaders.
- Support pitches and presentations to client counterparts.
- Ability to build long term relationships with clients.
- Work with colleagues across all Middle Eastern offices on client engagements and internal initiatives as well as with international teams.
- Drive research on emerging technologies and disseminate knowledge to Technology consultants and clients where required.
- Whilst working in the Technology team, further build on your understanding of the key themes in the market and in the region.
- Work collaboratively with other Technology experts to shape the future of our clients and to bring about positive change.
- You will have access to all of the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider PwC network
- Years of experience: 7+ years of experience in domains of competency and sub-competency mentioned above.
- Education: B.A/B.Sc. or M.Sc. in a technology discipline or related field.
- Achievement oriented with the ability to be flexible and adaptive on a daily basis.
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise your workload whilst being resilient and able to cope well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Growing understanding of one or more of the emerging digital technologies and trends; Big Data, AI and Blockchain are a plus.
- Excellent problem solving skills with a structured thinking process.
- Strong time-management and organizational skills.
- Ability to learn new concepts and carry out technical research.
- Proven IT skills in Microsoft Office and G-suite applications.
- Language Skills: Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) in English. Arabic is a strong plus.
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East.
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.