Consulting, Transport & Logistics - Aviation Senior Manager
Job description / Role
Line of Service
Transportation and Logistics
Advisory - Other
Job Description & Summary
As a member of PwC's Transport & Logistics Practice, you will have the opportunity to work closely with the best and brightest consultants across the industry.
Regionally, the aviation sector is playing a pivotal role in both shaping and enabling ongoing national transformation programs through enhancing airport infrastructure, enabling tourism and attracting foreign direct investments. PwC is at the heart of this sector's transformation. We boast a globally recognised practice that is 5,000 professionals with strong roots in the Middle East region. As part of our regional practice, you will be a member of a wider community of multi-modal experts that provide a one-stop business advisory solution to tier-1 organizations.
As a Senior Manager you would combine a long track record of strategy consulting, with a proven portfolio of projects in the aviation sector, coped with industry knowledge, preferably in the Middle East region. We expect our Senior Managers to be thought leaders within their areas of expertise and have an incipient network within the airports, airline, ground handling and ANSP industries.
Responsibilities as a Senior Manager:
- Lead and deliver consulting assignments - develop content, project plans, distribute work to team members and oversee day-to-day delivery. Assignments are expected to be dominantly within the aviation sector, but could be widen up to the broader transportation and logistics
- Review work produced by the team to ensure highest quality levels output aligned with the scope of work, delivered on time and within budget to the expectations of the client.
- Perform hypothesis driven thinking, guide the team's analyses and push their thinking to draw meaningful insights
- Ensure credibility of analytical approaches, methodologies and conclusions.
- Engage client counterpart(s) to align with them on the work plans and interim and final recommendations.
- Ensure smooth handover of project deliverables and results and effectively closes on consulting assignments with the client Clients, Business Development, and Industry Leadership.
- Build strong, trusted advisor relationships with your clients beyond the immediate consulting assignment and identify and contribute to follow-on work, and maintain an emerging network of contacts and relationships inside and outside the firm's network.
- Proactively lead the drafting of proposals and marketing efforts and participate in proposal pitches with a focus on converting pipelines into secured mandates .
- Stay up to date on the air transport market in the region, players' positioning and strategies, latest trends and developments.
- Develop and maintain intellectual capital and publish thought leadership on aviation to enhance our brand.
- Provide guidance and coaching to team members as needed and ensure a professional and productive team environment.
- Mentor - formally or informally - other members in your team/ business unit in order to foster a high performance team environment.
- Manage internal requirements for quality, compliance, policies, procedures and systems and related.
- 8-15 years of professional work experience out of which at least 4-6 are in consulting with a leading global consulting firm, with a proven portfolio of projects in the aviation sector, preferably in the Middle East, advising tier-1 organization
- Work experience in airports, airlines, ground handling, ANSPs, investment funds active in airport concessions and aircraft leasing domains, Civil Aviation Authorities or governmental entities in the sector will also be considered.
- Deep understanding of the air transport sector, travel segments, airline and airport economics, and the national and public sector priorities across the GCC to enhance airports' competitiveness and hub positioning.
- Strong understanding of the latest plans and policies across governments and regulatory authorities
- Experience in Airport Operations and Airport Infrastructure Planning is a plus.
- Key areas of functional expertise include, but are not limited to, strategy development, strategic transformations, capability led transformations, strategy implementation, corporate governance, operating models, etc.
- Strong acumen for problem solving and using first principle thinking to frame issues.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, validate, structure and analyze all types of data (such as Financial, Operational, Market).
- Output focused and resilient with the ability to rally resources and maintain momentum within a fast paced and high energy team.
- Able to work independently and effectively within a team.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to operate in a multi-stakeholder environment.
- Ability and willingness for frequent travel within the GCC and Middle East.
- Education: Masters degree, ideally an MBA from a reputable business school.
- Language Skills: Proficient in written and spoken English. Arabic is a plus
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we've set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We're a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We're striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we're proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone's uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you're looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you're a future PwCer.