Job description / Role
Line of Service
Transportation and Logistics
Advisory - Other
Job Description & Summary
As a member of PwC's Transport & Logistics practice you will not only have the opportunity to work closely with the best and brightest consultants across the industry, but also collaborate with deep functional experts from our People & Organisation, Technology, and Digital Services practices. In addition, you will seamlessly work with our M&A advisers, Assurance, and Tax lines of services to offer optimal, holistic solutions to your clients. Only PwC is able to bring true, end to end solutions from Strategy through to execution to our clients, and as part of the largest global consulting firms, you will have access to our capabilities in the US, Europe and Asia.
- Lead and deliver consulting assignments - develop content, project plans, distribute work to team members and oversee day-to-day delivery.
- Review work produced by the team to ensure highest quality levels output is aligned with the scope of work, delivered on time and within budget to the expectations of the client.
- Perform hypothesis driven thinking, guide the team's analyses and push their thinking to draw meaningful insights
- Ensure credibility of analytical approaches, methodologies and conclusions.
- Engage client counterpart(s) to align with them on the work plans and interim and final recommendations.
- Ensure smooth handover of project deliverables and results and effectively closes on consulting assignments with the client Clients, Business Development, and Industry Leadership.
- Build strong, trusted advisor relationships with your clients beyond the immediate consulting assignment and identify and contribute to follow-on work.
- Proactively lead the drafting of proposals and marketing efforts and participate in proposal pitches with a focus on converting pipeline into secured mandates .
- Maintain an emerging network of contacts and relationships inside and outside the firm's network.
- Stay up to date on market and industry latest trends and developments.
- Develop and maintain intellectual capital and publish thought leadership on relevant topics to enhance our brand. Provide guidance and coaching to team members as needed and ensure a professional and productive team environment.
- Mentor - formally or informally - other members in your team/ business unit in order to foster a high performance team environment.
- Actively shape own development priorities Internal Management.
- Collaborate across Business Units and Lines of Services to support the delivery of differentiated propositions to the market.
- Manage internal requirements for quality, compliance, policies, procedures and systems and related.
- 8-15 years of professional work experience out of which at least 4-6 are in consulting with a leading global consulting firm with the remainder in transport or related industry.
- Work experience in public authority or governmental entities will also be considered.
- Deep understanding of national and public transport sector priorities across the GCC with strong understanding of the latest plans and policies across governments and regulatory authorities
- Experience in Ports operations is a plus.
- Proven track record in leading and successfully delivering on cross industry consulting assignments to tier-1 clients..
- Key areas of expertise include, but are not limited to, strategy development, strategic transformations, capability led transformations, strategy implementation, corporate governance, operating models, other.
- Strong acumen for problem solving and using first principle thinking to frame issues.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, validate, structure and analyse all types of data (such as Financial, Operational, Market).
- Output focused and resilient with the ability to rally resources and maintain momentum within a fast paced and high energy team.
- Able to work independently and effectively within a team.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to operate in a multi-stakeholder environment.
- Ability and willingness for frequent travel within the GCC and Middle East.
- Education: ideally an MBA from a reputable university or equivalent with high academic achievement.
- Language Skills: Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic is a must
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we've set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We're a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We're striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we're proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone's uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you're looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you're a future PwCer.