Job description / Role
We are Chalhoub Group, a leading family business in the world of beauty, fashion and gifts. We have blended our Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury to offer service excellence to all our partners and a unique experience to all our customers for over 6o years.
Since 2018, we have engaged in a transformation with the North star vision to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
Our passionate teams drive our vision forward, without them, we couldn't create luxury experiences for our customers. Through opportunities, development and support, we empower each and every employee to achieve their career goals - and beyond. It's an exciting journey we're on, and one you could be part of.
You will be the voice of the consumer for Chalhoub Group internally and externally in the GCC but not limited to other regions globally. You will be driving the development of our customer intelligence. You will:
- Collect, understand and prioritize what the Group needs to understand from the consumer
- Identify the best possible answers (consumer research, online survey, customer data, store managers request, social media listening)
- Make sure that the tools are made available, build tools and/or support other departments in building them (Head of Data, Strategic Marketing)
- Collect external available information
- Drive consumers or market research.
To be a successful candidate, you will have proven proficiency in consumer research principles and led projects in diverse methodologies from traditional consumer research to digital consumer research. You will be essential in building a consumer insight ecosystem blending in group level strategic projects to adopting quicker and agile insight capture methodologies for operational and strategic use and to adapt to the fast-changing environment. You will have strong analytical abilities and proficient written and verbal communication skills.
You will be tasked with being the eyes and ears of the group to consumer behavior, attitudes, opportunities and trends. You will persistently apply and communicate this knowledge across the Enterprise, and in particular, with senior leaders, providing them with insights around both the 'what' and the 'why' relating to key consumer trends. In this role, you will be entrusted and empowered to build consumer intelligence capabilities and continuously collaborating with key departments such as CX Marketing, Loyalty Program and Local brand marketing teams. Your role is like an internal, active, and influential consultant, whose role is to ensure that consumer analytics and insights are at the foundation of our business, and identify the different types of GCC consumers, knowledge gaps and demands to improve and cater to our consumers and our business.
You will be a pivotal and key member in our mission to putting the consumer at the heart of our business decisions.
- Take ownership and be the custodian of consumer research in the company leading the consumer intelligence team in projects from end to end: setting research objectives, creating sound sampling and weight schemes, overseeing surveys and/or discussion guides, and analysis of results.
- Identify and implement all the tools that support the creation of the consumer ecosystem including but not limited to online panels, social media listening, front line communication tools, internal and external partnerships.
- Lead the Consumer Insights Committee and involve key stakeholders in the committee to identify the various consumer knowledge gaps on a company wide level, in turn, identifying the right methodology and tool to capture these gaps on a case by case basis.
- Proactively and constantly engage with internal clients (mainly brands' leadership) in order to identify the specific brands consumer insights gaps in knowledge and sharing the insights to fill those gaps.
- Identify, select and manage relationships with research agencies based on quality of data, deliverables and tools.
- Remain at the forefront of new consumer learning tools and technologies to drive smarter and faster decision making by capturing vital consumer insights.
- Identify the ideal tools to adopt and implement in 2021 for running and maintaining an online panel, social media listening tool in addition to any others tools that will aid in live insight generation.
- Lead and champion deep understanding of shifts in consumers demand and future facing foresight by identifying and monitoring c onsumer motivations, behaviors, pain points, interactions with the fashion / beauty retail in general.
- Guide senior and brand leaders in asking the right questions and co-building their consumer research plans to answer them.
- Influence and align key stakeholders across a verticalized environment.
- Manage and delegate the consumer intelligence team to be organized and efficient in adhering to project deadlines and meeting key dates for the annual calendar.
What you need to succeed in this role:
- Business acumen
- Self-starter, leader, outside of the box thinker, storyteller.
- Team player, creative, superior presentation skills, detail driven, analytical, flexible.
- Excellent English reading, writing, speaking.
- Solid experience in new digital research techniques, methodologies and vast knowledge on tools to capture live insights.
- Experience in leading quantitative and qualitative research studies from inception through to action.
- Advanced technical research design knowledge: sampling design, questionnaire and discussion guide creation, mapping and numerical analysis.
- Exceptional presenter, with the ability to connect the dots and build compelling and insightful stories that drive action while adapting to your audience.
- Experience synthesizing disparate data sources (including syndicated data, consumer trends and secondary research) to digestible top line summary reports.
- Advanced knowledge in pricing for consumer research projects.
- Experience managing a team, with strong management skills to delegate, organise and lead the consumer intelligence team.
- Demonstrate high tolerance for ambiguity, changes in business direction, unanticipated client needs, executive requests, with ongoing resiliency and adaptability.
- University Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Statistics or any other relevant (quantitative) field.
- Minimum 7 years of work experience required with at least 3 of experience in a corporate consumer intelligence department
- Previous experience of working in consumer market research from an agency background; with strong knowledge of consumers in and across the different regional areas and cities of the GCC is a clear advantage
- Experience in the research department of strategic consultancies would be valued
- Arabic reading, writing, speaking is good to have.
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
We recognize the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution & exclusive employee discounts. If you are changing countries to join us, we will provide you with relocation allowance and help you settle into accommodation during the first few months.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.