Job description / Role
Consumer & Market Intelligence Manager - Asia, Middle East and Africa
An excellent role has arisen in our team for a Consumer and Market Intelligence Manager. In this role you will lead the development of consumer, category and competitive insights to identify opportunities and develop strategies that will drive marketing efforts and new product innovation for the AMA region.
You will support the AMA Region Marketing Team providing insights and recommendations that will facilitate decisions in the AMA markets. This will require thought leadership and strategic partnership with the marketing team, to translate business issues into consumer insights that will drive growth.
A day in the life of...
• Work closely with the Global CMI Managers and Associates to understand consumer targets and established brands, and to roll out global initiatives to the AMA markets. The CMI Manager will also interact with the other 3 CPW Region CMI Teams as part of their broader team.
• Engage with consumers: play a leadership role in developing and utilizing tools, methods, practices for gaining consumer learning on in-market performance and execution, marketing strategies, communication, and NPD strategies and ideas.
• Manage research vendors to conduct research and synthesizes learning into concise learning summaries and then presents results to team.
• Build strong consumer empathy among all regional employees to enable faster decision making
• Translate data, from all sources, into insights and recommendations - aggregate, filter, synthetize relevant consumer learning from multiple sources (market data, consumer and customer research, trends, social media listening insights, etc)
• Collaborate and coordinate with the Global Intelligence team in the execution of advanced analytic projects to identify opportunities for growth and improved business execution across AMA markets.
• Partner with Marketing and Innovation teams on opportunity identification and development of new ideas for product innovation or renovation, both at Regional and Global level
What will make you successful
• Strong FMCG background working on the client side is highly desirable.
• 10 years + experience working in Consumer Insights
• Experience working with syndicated POS data analytics, advertising development and, ideally, some NPD exposure
• Regional experience across the Middle East is essential, some exposure to the Asia market would be preferable
• Credibility, gravitas, and the ability to influence stakeholder at all level will be key
• Strong leadership skills
About the Company
Nestle with headquarters in Vevey, Switzerland was founded in 1866 by Henri Nestle and is today the world's biggest food and beverage company. Sales for 2006 were CHF 98.5 bn, with a net profit of CHF 9 bn. We employ around 265,000 people and have factories or operations in almost every country in the world.
The Company's strategy is guided by several fundamental principles. Nestle's existing products grow through innovation and renovation while maintaining a balance in geographic activities and product lines. Long-term potential is never sacrificed for short-term performance. The Company's priority is to bring the best and most relevant products to people, wherever they are, whatever their needs, throughout their lives.