Job description / Role
Contact Centre Operative
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
Serco has been supporting the Australian Defence Force (ADF) in the Middle East under the existing MELABS contract since 2011. Serco will provide 21 service lines, including catering, waste disposal, facilities and ground maintenance, laundry, transport management, procurement and welfare services in support of ADF bases primarily in the United Arab Emirates. Serco is looking to hire a Contact Centre Operative for MELABS contract; the key purpose of this position is to provide a single point of contact to receive, register, track and close requests for all MELABS contract service lines.
- Processing of complaints from both Commonwealth and Serco staff.
- Receipt of customer feedback.
- Promoting and improving customer service excellence.
- Process Commonwealth and Serco staff requirements and face to face enquiries or by telephone, fax or email and input into CAFM Explorer.
- Ensure that MELABS SOPs and quality systems are followed.
- Perform and carry out other duties as instructed / directed by the Contact Centre Supervisor.
What we are looking for in our candidates:
- A minimum of 1 year of work experience in customer service
- Possess strong PC skills including proficiency with MS Outlook, Word and Excel applications and ability to learn new software based application
- Previous experience of contact centre or call centre
- Previous experience of CAFM systems
- Functional experience in Excel
- Ensure compliance with the Serco Management System and all relevant business processes, procedures and work instructions to deliver all work with appropriate quality and governance standards
- Ensure security and integrity of all data provided including reporting performance, finance and customer information; reference Serco non-disclosure policy
- To exercise personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and for those affected by their acts or omissions; reference SMS GSOP-HSE1-6 Serco organisational HSE responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with all training requirements of Serco and ensure adherence to these requirements at all times whilst in employment
- Report any accidents, incidents, breaches or potential breaches to appropriate management or the speak up process
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Take pride in what you do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.