Job description / Role
As part of our drive to position The Company as partner of choice, and to re-set our relationship with our key external stakeholders and clients, a new role has been created to drive advocacy and partnership by engaging key external stakeholders in CEMEA through a new thought leadership programme.
He/she will actively contribute to the overall development of the Regional CEMEA CR function and agenda.
Principle Responsibilities/Key Results Area
• Proactively suggest efficient and timely content strategies across markets/regions of responsibility.
• Key Editor and copywriter for the CR function (releases, briefings, talking points, by-lines, etc).
• Ensure proactive media programs with Top100 outlets. High contributor to crisis/issues agenda when occurred in the markets/regions of responsibility.
• Develop and effectively implement various content projects/activities to the regional business development strategy & priorities.
• Ensure content plays an active role in shaping the communications agenda centrally and for the markets.
• Contribute to a robust digital content agenda and strategic communications for The Companies client thought leadership platform and programme in CEMEA.
• Launch and maintain client platform (content).
• Develop authentic, dynamic and engaging content and narratives by creating an editorial calendar, working with the editorial team and PR agency to drive thematic content
• Effectively manage respective agency team members and coach them to excellence. Set goals for self and agency team to deliver against the content strategy.
• Source, train and inspire a team of writer/researchers to support content creation in a timely manner.
• Identify and support in commissioning insightful, engaging research to augment content
• Review all content from inception to publication
• Collaborate across THE COMPANY to promote our content and raise brand awareness.
• Work closely with the digital designers and developers to deliver the highest quality digital content against an agreed brief
• Support the team to deliver the communications strategy, pushing content to key audiences via digital channels, as well as in market breakfast briefings
• Adept at balancing multiple responsibilities simultaneously
Key Performance Indicators
Extent to which:
• CR is regarded as a strategic business partner by internal clients, especially GCMs.
• CR team members are being developed according to the CR development plan.
• Individual is regarded as a “high contributor” in CEMEA CR and team discussions.
• Awareness of the benefits of The Company specifically, and electronic payments more broadly, across all markets has increased.
• Social media has become a core channel for corporate communications across all markets, in compliance with The Company policies and protocols.
• The Companies online presence is appropriately optimized.
• The Companies winning share of voice in the media versus competition for product / innovation news.
• CR is regarded as an active and value-add player in resolving issues.
• Our CSR platforms (especially financial inclusion) are appreciated by key external constituents.
• All CR activities reflect the highest ethical standards, including full compliance with The Companies Key Controls.
Financial & Organizational Scope
• Implementation of the content strategy for CEMEA on all key initiatives.
• Suggests more efficient and new ways of working and content creation.
• Grounded communicator: ability to brief senior managers, set expectations, ask the right questions.
Essential qualifications, knowledge and experience
• Passion for technology and innovation
• Strong editorial, digital publishing and communications skills, including direct experience in developing content strategies
• Social media and Public Relations experience (journalist background is preferable)
• Excellent influencing, relationship management and communication skills to engage stakeholders at all levels
• Experience of working in a matrixed, multi-national corporate environment
• Strong attention to detail, with the ability to nuance messaging of complex topics for a sophisticated audience
• Excellent presentation, written and oral communication skills
• Effective management of agencies and remote teams, without direct line management
• Experience of managing crises & issues
• Educated to degree level or equivalent communications qualification
• English is the first language
Reporting Relationships & Interactions
Reports to Sr. Director, CEMEA Reputation and Corporate & Public Affairs.
Peers to all Market Leads and Hub team
No Direct reports. Work in a matrix environment
University Qualifications: Bachelors
Nature and length of previous experience: Minimum 5 yrs experience working in Journalism or in Copy writing background
Specialist knowledge: Writing in Technology space, Ecommerse, AI and Finance & Investment
Age Range: NA
Gender Preference: NA
Nationality Preference: NA
Language Fluency: Native English
Current Location: UAE
About the Company
We lead in the creation and delivery of innovative workforce solutions and services that enable our clients to win in the changing world of work.
ManpowerGroup powers the success of many of the world's most dynamic organizations. We deliver innovative workforce solutions that enhance competitiveness, increase efficiency and spur productivity. Combining global reach with local expertise - 3600 offices in over 80 countries - we know the changing world of work and bring a deep understanding of the companies we work for and the industries we service.
ManpowerGroup entered the Middle East in December 2007 after acquiring local company Clarendon Parker, thus bringing 15 years in-depth local knowledge combined with a global footprint and industry shaping expertise and thought leadership. Manpower Middle East supports clients in the Middle East and North Africa regions. Our business is aligned to key skill specializations to ensure our clients requirements are met by expert and knowledgeable consultants that understand your industry and role requirement.
Our consultants are experts in finding the right talent across all industries in a broad-range of occupations including:
- IT & Telecommunications
- Engineering & Construction, Oil & Gas
- Banking, Finance & Legal
- Sales & Business Development
- Marketing, Public Relations & Communications
- Human Resources & Training
- Customer & Support Services (Secretarial and Administrative)
- Operational, Supply Chain & Logistics
- Executive Recruitment
- Emiratization Solutions
- Recruitment Program Outsourcing Solutions
- Managed Service Provider Solutions
- Talent Based Outsourcing Solutions
- Outsourced Staffing Solutions
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Digital Content & PR Writer
RIF Trust Investments LLC
Coordinator - Corporate Communications
Brand and Communications Manager
Education for Employment (EFE)
Account Executive, Campaigns