Job description / Role
This individual should be an experienced eLearning developer who builds online courses and digital learning materials for UAEU courses and programs. S/he will be responsible for developing digital assets and interactive course content; building, maintaining, and managing online courses and content on both edX platform and Blackboard Learning Management System (LMS).
* The focus of this position is the creation of video graphics used in UAEU's online courses.
* This will include the development of graphic elements and branding materials for courses, as well as DLD's communications and branding assets.
* The Content Production Specialist will also assist with video editing and filming. In addition, this position will manage the post-production video tasks for the assigned online courses, including creating and maintaining all asset management documents and systems.
* S/he will coordinate with faculty or the course managers on revisions and approvals, and complete all other tasks associated with the building and release of course material.
* A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in animation, graphic design, film production, or related field, Educational Technology, or closely related discipline with at least two years of higher education instructional design experience.
* A minimum of 5 years of experience in graphic design & video production with distinctive storytelling ability, and proven experience working with faculty/instructors/subject matter experts to design, develop and support delivery of digital instruction.
Key competencies for the Content Production Specialist will include, but not be limited to, the following:
* Plan, create, develop, and support learning technology initiatives and provide technical expertise for the programming of online course content.
* Proficiency and strong hands-on experience with Final Cut Pro, Adobe Creative Suite & 3Ds Max or Maya.
* Hand-on experience with 3d modeling and 3d animation will be an added advantage.
* Ability to do animations in aftereffects will be a major plus.
* Videography and photography skills are a must.
* Ability to translate written text into 2d and 3d graphic representations.
* Visual design skills (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator) and ability to storyboard
* Ability to work cooperatively with the DLD's creative team.
* Ability to manage multiple projects with different deadlines and priority levels.
* Fluency in English language (bilingual - Arabic and English is a plus).
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.
Content Production Spec I
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
|Al Ain||21 Oct|
Arab Media Group (AMG)
Assistant Content Manager
Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)
Content Writer / Social Media Executive
RTC-1 Employment Services