Job description / Role
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This role oversees procurement and subcontracting activities for all markets and divisions of the company in the MEA Region. Assess risks, reviews and negotiate all types of subcontracts, support all projects and internal departments on as needed basis. Play an active role in conducting vendor/subcontractor due diligence and pre-qualifications.
- Provides advice, comments on procurement policies, procedures and compliance related issues; requested changes to terms and conditions; assists project staff with negotiating Parsons TOCs with sub consultants, subcontractors, suppliers/vendors.
- Provide procurement and subcontracting assistance to other departments and divisions within the Company.
- Assist in maintaining accurate vendor database (sub-contractors, suppliers); ensure database reflects latest information on pricing, delivery time and resources.
- Manage end-to-end RFP Process - from bid scoping, bid conditioning and evaluation (technical and commercial), shortlisting/selection to award.
- Carry out the evaluation and agreement on all Subcontracts, Purchase Orders, and Amendments to ensure compliance with Parsons procurement policies and procedures.
- Reviews Sub consultant certificates of insurance for compliance to purchase orders and agreements.
- Ensure approvals in accordance with Matrix of Authority for purchase orders, subcontract agreements and waivers.
- Undertake contract related processes and monitor contract progress.
- Maintain and update leased vehicles database of the Company.
- Procure and execute Corporate Rate Agreements with hotels and maintain a database of preferred hotels for the MEA Region.
- Provide training to project team on Parsons procurement policies and procedures.
- Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least 5 years of experience in procurement of sub consultants / subcontractors within a major engineering and construction firm.
- Diploma or Degree in Engineering or Business Administration.
- Proven interpersonal skills, the ability to work independently and within cross functional teams.
- In depth knowledge of procurement and contracting standards, requirements, internal controls, policies and procedures; understanding of local regulation.
- Diligent about enforcing standards, procedures, and policies.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.