Job description / Role
The Contract Manager will manage the contract administration and the technical aspects of the negotiation of the contract documents as per established and approved management plans.
The Contract Manager develops the processes within a growing company to implement proportionate controls to enable construction costs to be managed by accurate measurement of works required, the application of experienced cost data and prices of labor, materials and plant required in the UAE.
• Pre-construction responsibilities:
• Review an validate the risk matrix from the project team
• Review and validate RFP and Bill of Quantities.
• Drafts the contract documentation to issue at tender and answers RFI (requests for information) throughout the tender phase.
• Drafts the contract management procedures and strategies, against the projects value and aligning them with company`s procurement department.
• Manages the tender phase of the project providing detailed tender reporting and recommendations in order to prepare the formal contract and initial letter of award for authorized signatory, once the approvals have been given.
• Supervise the Project team (concerned Procurement Team) during the Tendering phase including the technical negotiation and execution of the project contract documentation to ensure the best quality suppliers, at the under the most advantageous contract terms, according to the tendering process.
• Contractual Responsibilities: Once the commercial deal is struck by Procurement, the contract documents are then negotiated from a technical perspective to give X General Trading the most advantageous terms possible and then executed and is paid in accordance with the contract documents.
• Prepare the forms of delegation for the Client to sign and explain this process and its limits to X General Trading Clients
• Prepare all notices under the contract, in co-ordination with the Project Director and act as the responsible person for all contract matters on the project
• Submit and prepare regular reports on the financial status of each project and process the contractors’ payments;
• Manage claim management as well as negotiation of the final account for the project.
• Manage bonds provided under the contract, including all insurances required by the contract
• Support the Project Director in the identification / evaluation / maintenance and mitigation of risk through the risk register in order to manage risks on an ongoing basis.
• Lead the preparation of bid documents for new projects to win new business and to represent the company in technical negotiations or, if required.
• Post-construction: ensures that the necessary documentations are issued in conjunction with the contract and that the necessary certificates are issued under the contract.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Direct Manager
AED 20,000 to 30,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an established University.
• Chartered Quantity Surveyor – Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS), minimum 5 years PQE (Post Qualification experience) experience.
• Preferably a Secondary degree with quantity surveyor bias.
• Contract Manager Certification is an advantage
• Minimum 10 years work experience, 5 of which as Contract Manager – preferable with experience in a Consultancy background ideally with some contractor experience and Minimum 3 years work experience in the Middle East preferable
• Strong experience in the role of Engineer under the FIDIC forms of contract and the necessary delegations from the Employer along with the management of the notices and contractual instruments within the contracts
• Knowledge of procurement processes.
• Knowledge of UAE suppliers market
• Knowledge of ERP system
• Tendering Process, Bid Evaluation, Pre-award, Awarding, Post-award
• Contract Management/Administration, EOT & Cost Claims and Disputes.
• Excellent Communication Skills
• English Language
• Negotiation Skill
• Planning, organizing and analytical skills
• Ability to work under pressure
About the Company
WFC Holding was born out of a market need for specialist shared services support functions in the UAE.
WFC Holding has rapidly expanded its service offering, capability, and client base to become an integrated business process outsourcing company.