Job description / Role
Purpose of Role -
The role involves the review of contracts (including charter party agreements), identification of risk and areas of non-conformance with Telford Contracting Principles, participation in negotiations, contract administration and close out, and the management of contractual changes
Operational Roles and Responsibilities
CONTRACT REVIEW & NEGOTIATION
• The review of the terms and conditions of contract received as part of tenders from clients and coordination of the overall contract review with the Commercial and Projects departments.
• Identification of any terms and conditions which are not in accordance with companys Contracting Principles, or which are prejudicial to companys interests, and which need to be qualified and/or managed, as well as the absence of any provisions which are beneficial/necessary for the company.
• Preparing the contract review register for review with the Contracts Manager, and preparation of a schedule of qualifications and/or amendments to the proposed form of contract
• Participate in and/or conduct negotiations on the schedule of qualifications with clients, including internal dissemination of status and alignment meetings in relation to same
• Updating of contract terms to incorporate agreed changes based on negotiations, including facilitating internal reviews and approval
• Review contract deliverables and prepare a register for contractual deliverables, oversee and manage submission and approval of any contractual deliverables
• Procurement of any additional insurances identified as required during tender stage
• Overseeing the project and managing all contractual and commercial elements in conjunction with the Project Manager and Contracts Manager
• Monitoring invoicing and payment status in conjunction with the Project Manager and finance team, ensuring that all contractual requirements in relation to payments are fulfilled, and ensuring payments are received in a timely manner
• Proposing necessary remedies in relation to any deviations from the contract for either party, particularly in relation to payment, and then implementing same
• Preparing all necessary contractual correspondence
• Support Project Manager/Contract Owner as necessary with guidance and advice on commercial and contractual issues on contracts
• In conjunction with the Project Manager and project team, identifying any changes to the project which fall under the change management provisions of the contract, including variations and claims, both incoming and outgoing
• Preparation of variation orders and claims for submission to the client, in accordance with contract requirements, submitted in a timely manner with all necessary supporting documentation and contractual justification
• Review and negotiation of claims and variation orders with the client
• Developing and/or maintaining, in conjunction with and under the supervision of the Contracts Manager, appropriate process and procedures to ensure the timely and effective negotiation, execution, administration and finalisation of contracts.
• Developing and/or maintaining, in conjunction with and under the supervision of the Contracts Manager, appropriate Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) to facilitate the measurement of performance of negotiation, execution, administration and finalisation of contracts
• Ensuring the timely collection of lessons learned and constructive feedback during the course of business, and using this information to prepare recommendations to submit to the Contracts Manager on areas for improvement in existing processes and procedures
• In conjunction with the Contracts Manager, reviewing and assessing KPI data, and using this information to identify areas for improvement in existing processes and procedures.
• Preparation and submission of periodic reports as necessary, covering the status of individual contracts, overall contract status, general reporting etc
• Other duties consistent with role responsibility as assigned by Company management from time to time.
• Degree in quantity surveying, law or any similar degree with a relevant contractual element
• Extensive experience of a similar role with a contractor organisation working in offshore oil and gas area, with direct work involvement with oil majors, and/or large contracting organisations
• Affiliation with a relevant professional body (e.g. CIArb etc.) is desirable
• Experienced in negotiation of lump sum and BIMCO contracts
• Strong contract management skills gained in the offshore oil and gas industry - in particular offshore construction
• Excellent English skills, both verbal and written
About the Company
Telford Offshore is a new company built on years of experience – both in terms of personnel and offshore assets - with the insight and expertise gained from serving the Oil and Gas industry around the world.
We offer flexible accommodation and construction services for both greenfield and brownfield projects. Working in partnership with the full range of operators and contractors we add value through our unique combination of flexible assets, know-how and efficiency.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Contracts Manager - Oil & Gas Pipeline
Procurement and Contracts Administrator
|Abu Dhabi||27 Jan|
Contract & Procurement Engineer
Superiority of Modern Services (SOMS)
Senior Contracts Engineer