Job description / Role
Contracts Manager - Infrastructure
Parsons is a technology-driven engineering services firm with more than 70 years of experience in the engineering, construction, technical, and professional services industries. The corporation is a leader in many diversified markets with a focus on infrastructure, defense, and construction. Parsons delivers design/design-build, program/construction management, systems design/engineering, cyber/converged security, and other professional services packaged in innovative alternative delivery methods to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide. For more about Parsons, visit www.parsons.com
Parsons provides construction supervision consultancy to a flagship infrastructure project in Dubai, UAE. The planned development encompasses commercial districts linked by leisure developments that expand into further residential neighborhoods and parks in an area of approximately 400 hectares. Scope of work includes internal roads, external highway intersections, bridges, street lighting, electrical (HV and LV) networks, district cooling, potable water, sewerage, storm water drainage networks, waste management and other structures and infrastructure works.
The Contracts Manager will oversee a small QS group on a large construction contract and will be responsible for providing senior management with advice on financial matters including but not limited to contractor payments, variations and claims, and contract closeout procedures.
• Provides senior-level guidance to assigned personnel, and ensures proficiency and timeliness of all contract administration functions.
• Determines the contract management strategy in dealing with variations and claims.
• Collaborates with the Client’s representative to deal with contract management issues as well as support in any negotiations and administration.
• Oversees the negotiation of difficult and complex issues with the Contractor.
• Manages direct reports work and supports completion of the contractor payments, engineer’s estimates, variations and claims by providing guidance and review.
• Manages, reports, and analyses all contractual matters, including final payments and retention.
• Manages support team to ensure contracts are effectively managed during the course of the contract period and ensures its close-out is in accordance with established procedures.
• Oversees the reviews and recommendations for claims and other contractual matters to the senior management.
• Oversees the review and/or preparation of the progress reports and in resolving risks and claims in the best interest of the client through contract related advice.
• Leads the preparation and management of the Risk Register.
• Supports other contractual requirements as deemed necessary.
• Monitors the final deliverables for adherence to the contract requirements.
• Provides input to performance reviews and development plans for subordinates.
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering, Quantity Surveying or Construction management or related field discipline.
• Preferably Chartered Member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS).
• Preferably with post graduate degree or diploma in contract law.
• 20 years of relevant experience in contract management, and claims negotiation on large infrastructure consultant contracts.
• Preferably with relevant experience in Dubai.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills.
• Excellent team building, interpersonal and negotiation skills
• Must be very organized and have effective problem-solving skills.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.