Job description / Role
We are representing an International contractor who has been responsible for most of the UAEs iconic infrastructure packages. They have a presence in Asia, Europe and the Americas.
They are in urgent need of an experienced contracts manager who is available to join immediately.
- Lead the Contracts Department
- Contract Management
- Advise Project Management on all contractual matters with respect to the Main Contract and Consortium agreements.
- Advise and Liaise with the technical department and construction department in establishing the Main Contract Scope of Works.
- Actively manage responses to documents with Contractual Content or effect issued by the Employer / Engineer, Stakeholder, Subcontractor or any other entity being party to the Project;
- Undertake a contract analysis and inform all key department leads about the project / contractual requirements that are expected to be fulfilled;
- Develop, update, amend standard forms of subcontracts, Purchase Orders, Design Agreements, incorporate all relevant and applicable Employer requirements, flow down provisions of the Main Contract, etc.;
- Identify and clearly define commercial requirements for each subcontracting package for inclusion in Request for Quotation (RFQ) documentation;
- Advise and liaise with the Technical Department and Construction Department in establishing the Main Contract Scope of Works to enable all involved parties to detect deviations between the Contract and executed Scope of Works, e.g. Variations, deficiencies, ambiguities and to address such deviations to the Employer / Engineer;
- Finalise the Main Contract Working document that establish the procedures in respect to all contractual issues, such as, but not limited to Content of Main Contract Documents, precedence of Documents, Variation Procedure in respect to detection, notification and time bar elements, Extension of Time to Variations, Payment by Employer, i.e. Application form, periods, etc.
- Degree qualified
- At least 15 years exp in the UAE
- Proven track record with a reputable contractor in the same role
Salary package is upto AED 40,000 per month
About the Company
We have spent years building our key client & candidate bases; only working with the top firms in the market who have the same philosophy as us. We only partner with ethical businesses who have an excellent reputation in the market, allowing us to attract the very best talent for our clients.
We refuse to be like most recruiters – targeted on CV sends & quantity over quality. We do not operate a KPI environment. We will always have a direct, honest & transparent approach to our clients and candidates delivering a first in class service at all times; whether you are recruiting an engineer or director.
We have the capabilities, coupled with local market knowledge to manage your projects from concept design to completion. We recruit in the following countries: UAE, Oman, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Qatar & Kuwait.
Powerchina Huadong Engineering Corporation Limited
Contracts Manager - Construction
Contracts Manager - Rail (Main Contractor)
|Abu Dhabi||8 Dec|
Contracts Manager - Consultancy