Job description / Role
Seeking a hands on, enthusiastic Contracts Manager for a leading client in the UAE.
Our client is a market leader in construction with a strong pipeline of projects and is seeking an experienced Contract Manager to lead the existing Estimation and Quantity Surveying department.
* Pre tender submission and review.
* Ensure adherence to contract at post contract/construction phase by all parties.
* Provide day-to-day management and oversight of the contract deployed to the Contract to support the delivery of construction.
* To manage commercial risk and returns across the contract and ensure that contract standards, procedures and processes are applied across all activities within the business unit.
* Determine & drive commercial contract improvement initiatives including managing the impact of contract performance on pricing and profitability; developing mechanisms to improve profitability and reduce risk.
* Engage and work with internal legal counsel as appropriate and ensure commercial risks and opportunities are identified and mitigated/managed.
* Facilitates the Contract change and prepare the relevant variation orders.
* Facilitates and contract close-out procedures to ensure that all terms and conditions of contracts have been complied with prior to final payment to contractor and suppliers.
* Ensures all warranties, bonds, insurances, guarantees, etc. are in place and maintained and updated in accordance with the Contract.
* Assists the Estimation and Project Control teams with respect to contractual implications of change orders.
* Assist in the preparation of Monthly Progress Reports.
* Ensuring that the requirements of the contract documents are implemented and maintained throughout the Contract period.
* Assist in the review of contractual notices of claims and providing contractual advice to the project team in their administration of the Construction Contract.
* Preparing, reviewing and evaluating claims for additional time and/or money received from the Employer under the Main Contract and Subcontractors under the various Project Subcontracts.
* Monitoring and advising the Project Manager, other team members of potential or actual risks arising from the Main Contract, Subcontracts and/or from the performance of the Works.
* Overseeing and managing a team of Quantity Surveyors and Estimators
* Competitive salary and medical insurance
* Bachelors degree in Quantity Surveying
* 8 Years overall experience
* 3 years Middle East experience
* Infrastructure / Road experience a must
* Must have UAE drivers license
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Project Manager - Museum Construction
|Abu Dhabi||11 Jan|
Head of Construction
A Leading Real Estate Company in UAE
Contracts Manager - Rail (Main Contractor)
|Abu Dhabi||8 Dec|
Powerchina Huadong Engineering Corporation Limited