Job description / Role
• To operate the power plant safely and efficiently in order to achieve commercial targets within the strict environmental and contractual limits.
• To operate and maintain the facility outside the control room, optimizing plant performance through established procedures.
• To maintain and calibrate all facility instrumentation and control systems including all analogue and digital systems.
Health & Safety:
• Applies all HSE Policies and Procedures and continually strives to improve all aspects of HSE Performance;
• Ensures compliance with Labour Safety Legislation;
• Monitors contractors’ compliance with the Site Safety Rules and Procedures and the safety of contractor tools;
• Monitors environmental performance of contractors;
• Responsible to immediate Supervisor ensuring compliance with the facility’s Environmental Compliance Program taking all reasonable precautions to prevent incidents of non-compliance personally or on the part of others. Shall further be responsible to immediately report to Supervisor any known or suspected violations to the Environmental Program or any suspected situation that could lead to a violation;
• Responsible for knowing and following the Plant Safety Procedures and reporting any unsafe conditions or acts to the Supervisor or Management.
• Takes necessary action in emergency operation situations such as total blackouts, black start islanding and synchronisation of the emergency diesel generator;
• Demonstrates the consistent use of Root Cause Failure Analysis Techniques when solving plant abnormalities and equipment failure;
• Demonstrates procedural compliance in all plant operation activities by operating plant equipment through established valve line-ups and system/component operating procedures;
• Conducts predictive maintenance while on shift i.e. vibration analysis, thermography, lube oil sampling for analysis and component inspections.
• Calibrates, repairs and maintains all instrumentation and control equipment, including the Distributed Control System (DCS);
• Troubleshoots and repairs controls and systems as required, to maintain facility output.
• Must be well versed in a wide variety of specialty tools and diagnostic equipment
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
• Bachelor Degree or Higher Diploma ;
• Technical/Trade School Qualification
• Professional Training on a Combined Cycle Plant is preferred.
• At least 5 years’ experience in a similar position;
• 3 years field experience in Power Plant Operations and Maintenance is preferable;
• Hands-on experience with troubleshooting/repair and performing preventative maintenance on electrical control circuits, motors, transformers and high voltage breakers;
• Experience on maintenance pumps, compressors, turbines and generators, etc.;
• Experience with machine coupling alignment, piping and valve installation, with the effective use of diagnostic equipment and Distributed Control Systems;
• Experience with electrical equipment, motors, transformers, high voltage breaker maintenance and testing, etc.
• Communication: English is essential: excellent communication skills both written and verbal;
• Must be flexible: willing to work long hours, weekends and be on call if required (periodically);
• Computer literate;
• Arabic is an advantage;
• Must be a strong team player and have excellent organization skills;
• Must be able to perform First Aid and CPR.
About the Company
WTS Energy is the leading Consultant/Manpower Supply company to the International Oil, Gas an Energy industry. We supply Consultants to the Projects and Operations of our Clients. We also perform Outsourcing Services like Project Recruitment Campaigns and Workforce Management in Oil and Gas regions around the world.
We operate globally with offices in 12 countries, supplying the International Oil, Gas and Energy industry with professional personnel.
We offer hands-on support to our consultants in every region in which they work. We provide the best people to Upstream, Midstream and Downstream projects and operations. We serve our Clients and Consultants based on trust, high ethical standards and consistent quality of service.
Gas Plant Operator
RTC-1 Employment Services
Instrument & Control Technician
|Abu Dhabi||28 Sep|