Job description / Role
Robert Half are working with a large client based in Dubai. The company is stable, growing and provides excellent benefits for its employees and their families. They are currently actively looking for an experienced Controller with excellent team management skills as well as management of large Shared Service Centers. Strong Business Analytics skills is key for this role.
This position is responsible for directing, controlling and monitoring all controllership, financial/management reporting and operational excellence activities of the Client's Finance department. This includes oversight over planning and budgeting, general ledger accounting, fixed asset reporting, inventory management and cashiering services for the organization ensuring these activities are provided in an efficient and effective manner.
* To coordinate, monitor and review the preparation of annual budget guidelines and calendar
* To plan and coordinate the preparation of annual budgets for the Client in accordance with guidelines/instructions and timetable approved by VP Finance
* To plan and control the production of long- and medium-term financial planning information and forecasts for specific departments in line with policies, procedures and timelines communicated by VP Finance
* To plan, coordinate and review the quarterly forecasting activities for the Client to ensure forecasts adequately reflect changes in activity levels or business assumptions. Where major revisions have been made, review the appropriateness of proposed remedial action
* To ensure that any major variances in financial performance for specific departments have been satisfactorily explained and appropriate remedial action taken
* Ensures accuracy, integrity, quality and timeliness of all financial statements and transactions, and compliant with applicable accounting standards
* Overall responsibility for the monthly close process and provides guidance and leadership to the General Ledger team in quickly resolving any issues arising from processing anomalies
* Ownership for the trial balance of one or multiple ledgers in the region
* Responsible for the cash operations of large events to ensure that accountability is fully established and closed at the end of each event
* To address and drive closure to issues pertaining to Internal Audit
* To drive and lead initiative to enhance process capability and internal controls related to all sections
* Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit
* Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
* Comply with local, state and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
* University degree in Finance/Accounting or equivalent professional qualification
* MBA in Accounting or CPA/CMA (or equivalent)
* At least 15 years post-qualification experience including experience managing teams across various Finance functions.
* Strong working knowledge of international Accounting standards; Experience in managing service level agreements such as within a shared services environment;
* Excellent presentation and communication skills;
* Very strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to lead people and delivering results through others
Salary & Benefits
* The role pays 40,000 - 45,000 AED maximum per month all-inclusive plus family benefits (medical, schooling, flights).
* You also be eligible to a bonus pending on your own performance as well as company performance.
About the Company
Founded in 1948, Robert Half International Inc. (NYSE symbol: RHI) is the world\'s first and largest specialized staffing firm and a member of the S&P 500 index. We are a global leader in professional staffing and consulting services and the parent company of Protiviti, a leading independent internal audit and business and technology risk consulting firm. For 2006, Robert Half International reported revenues of $4 billion and now has staffing and consulting operations in more than 400 locations worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Group Management Accountant
Finance and Administration Manager
Senior Finance Manager
Robert Half International (RHI)