Job description / Role
As a key member of the executive management team, the Chief Operating Officer will assume a strategic role in the overall management of the company. The COO will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all operational and financial-related activities of the company.
Our client is a leading F&B entity and have a presence across the entire GCC.
* Strategy and leadership
* Provide leadership, direction and management to the operational team ( executive chefs , finance manager and retail team) establishing and developing relations with senior management and stakeholders
* Provide strategic recommendations to the CEO by advising on business planning, development and opportunities for improvement
* Develop the brand's Middle East 's organizational and operational objectives in line with budget
* Providing studies on economic trends, revenue opportunities; expansion prospects and effectively communicate potential risks in a timely manner
* Execute the overall strategy of the company, and assist the CEO in identifying investment opportunities
* Preparation of monthly, annual and 5-year plans and propose action plans to ensure that annual objectives are attained
* Manage, Assist in the development and negotiation of franchise agreement and all legal related aspects
* Provide an operating budget to ensure success through analysis and compliance with all contractual requirements, regulatory requirements, and financial covenants
Monitoring and Reporting
* Develop, prepare and present financial data and reporting as per company policies along with the finance manager
* Monitors financial performance by measuring and analysing results; initiating corrective actions minimizing the impact of variances.
* Reports financial status and KPI's by developing forecasts; reporting results; analysing variances; developing improvements.
* Preparation of financial statements under IFRS and Coordinate and produce all tax documentation as required
* Monitor banking activities of the organization and manage banking relationships together with CEO
* Manage treasury and Ensure adequate cash flow to meet the organization's needs
Processes and IT
* Contribute to general improvement of internal control environment through periodic review of governance, reporting, finance, IT/ERP, HR and accounting processes.
* Conduct the digitalization of our operational processes
* Competitive base and bonus within company guidelines
* 6+ years of work experience, including as COO Director
* Good network and connection within the hospitality industry
* Extensive knowledge in F&B projects ( design stage to openings)
* Full awareness on the food digital social media and ability to adapt the same to the brand
* Knowledge or experience in Catering and banqueting is a plus
* Be highly proactive in assessing what the needs of the company are and taking initiatives to improve the business across all functional areas.
* Capable of crisply presenting business information to the executive team and the board of directors
* High personal integrity
* Experience ERP and financial IT systems
* Experience with legal matters relating to management of franchisee cross-border
* Work experience in F&B, and Retail
* Work experience in the GCC
* Master degree from a highly reputable institution
* Arabic, French and English speaking
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.