Job description / Role
Alpha Flight Group Limited is a leading provider of innovative catering and retail services at several international airports. Alpha Flight Services UAE LLC is a dynamic food service company employing 500 employees, operating both business to business services as well as a wide range of generic branded consumer food and beverage outlets. This company is based at Sharjah International Airport.
We currently have an exciting opportunity that has become available for an experienced and qualified Cook to join our successful business.
Purpose: To prepare food up to the standards of the client by following the HACCP standards in the production department.
- Inspects food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food-handling practices.
- Turns or stirs food to ensure even cooking.
- Seasons and cooks food according to recipes or personal judgment and experience.
- Observes and tests food to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils.
- Weighs, measures, and mixes ingredients according to recipes or personal judgment, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Portions, arranges, and garnishes food, and serves food to waiters if allocated in outlets.
- Regulates temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters.
- Substitutes for or assists other cooks during emergencies or rush periods.
- Bakes, roasts, boils, and steams meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Washes, peels, cuts, and seeds fruits and vegetables to prepare them for consumption.
- Estimates expected food consumption; then requisition or purchase supplies, or procure food from storage.
- Butchers and dress animals, fowl, or shellfish, or cut and bone meat prior to cooking.
- Bakes breads, rolls, cakes, and pastries.
- Cleans food preparation areas, cooking surfaces, and utensils.
- Maintains sanitation, health, and safety standards in work areas.
- Measures ingredients required for specific food items being prepared.
- Operates large-volume cooking equipment such as grills, deep-fat fryers, or griddles.
- Pre-cook items such as bacon, in order to prepare them for later use.
- Verifies that prepared food meets requirements for quality and quantity.
- Washes, cuts, and prepares foods designated for cooking.
- Cleans, stocks, and restocks workstations and display cases.
- Orders and takes delivery of supplies.
- Schedules activities and equipment use with managers, using information about daily menus to help coordinate cooking times.
- Keeps records and accounts.
- Performs additional responsibilities as requested by the Senior Cook, Chef de Partie, Sous Chef, \or Production Manager at any time.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience in in-flight catering
- Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills.
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
- Previous prep or line cook experience.
- Good communication skills are required.
- .Ability to work in a team environment.
- Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge.
About the Company
Making Travel Special is about knowing what customers want. We recognise that by serving our customers, we're also serving their customers. That's why we talk about the promises our customers make. In this way, we delight our customers and their passengers, even as we continue to challenge ourselves to become the most admired provider in the world.
We treat customers like they are our guests. And because they expect food to be good and wholesome, we maintain the highest global quality assurance standards. What's more, our teams of experienced, dedicated professionals go the extra mile to provide innovative, efficient and reliable services for every single one of them.
Over the years, we've become a global player. In the coming decades, we'll continue to transform our industry by staying true to our core values.