Job description / Role
Our client, an event management firm, is currently looking for a Coordinator for their Community and Education department to be based in Abu Dhabi, UAE. In this role you will be responsible to support the department in identifying, planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating Education and Community projects within the organization.
You will be responsible for identifying participants for projects and events, conducting research, contributing to project and event planning and delivery, managing, and coordinating communication with key external and internal stakeholders, arranging logistical, infrastructure, and physical resources, processing payments, record keeping, report writing and providing general administrative support to the department.
Other job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Contribute to identifying participants for Education projects for schools, universities, special needs centers, and individual students across the UAE such as competitions, seminars, lectures, symposiums, concerts, workshops, performances, and exhibitions.
- Take part in identifying participants for Community projects across the UAE such as grants, civil society partnerships, health & welfare, cultural heritage, rural communities, symposiums, concerts, workshops for special needs, orchestra, photography camps, cultural workshops, film screening, etc.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with a wide variety of educational institutions and social groups across the UAE such as schools and universities, government entities, community groups, and international organizations on behalf of the department.
- Participate in communicating and coordinating with external stakeholders (leading national and international community, educational and arts organizations, artists, writers, speakers, cultural entities, embassies, government entities, special needs centers, and individuals) to participate in art & cultural programmes/events for UAE Education and Community sector.
- Support in activities related to logistical requirements for Education and Community projects including visas, insurance, airline tickets, private jets, hotel and accommodation arrangements, VIP lounge, transportation facilities, and welcome kits for artists, guests, journalists, broadcasting media partners (local and international TV channels, radio channels and internet), national and international organizations, institutions, individuals, and members of the department.
- Help in communicating/coordinating with Media/Communication Department for all activities related to publishing and PR/Marketing activities including designing and proofing marketing material, selecting adv agencies, arranging press conferences, etc.
- Support in mobilizing internal and external stakeholders including the appointment of team members, temporary staff, volunteers, leading national and international organizations, institutions, individuals, and artists, etc.
- Assist in activities related to arranging interviews, meetings, scheduling appointments, taking meeting minutes, incoming/outgoing correspondence, arranging/distributing invitations, thank you letters, and gifts to artists, participants, partners, and stakeholders.
- Support in activities related to purchasing and payment for goods and services required by the Education and Community Department including obtaining quotes from suppliers, preparing purchase requisitions and purchase orders, requesting invoices, tracking payments, monitoring expenditure against budgets, and keeping accurate records of expenditure relating to Community and Education Department.
- Perform other tasks related to the Education and Community Department as they arise and as delegated.
To be considered for the role, you need to meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree in Arts, Community or Education or another relevant field
- Experience working in art or cultural / education-focused organization
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in the public / private sector within the art and culture or education industry
- Proficient in the English language; Arabic speakers are desirable
To know more about our current vacancies, please visit our website.
To view other vacancies we have, please check our website and follow us on our social media accounts.
Disclaimer: Black Pearl will never ask for money or any form to charge our candidates just to process or consider their application for any of our available vacancies. If you happen to receive such request from any members of our staff or other individuals claiming to be part of Black Pearl, please do call our office.
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Operations and Admin Coordinator
|Abu Dhabi||20 Sep|
|Abu Dhabi||18 Oct|
Canadian International School (CIS)
|Abu Dhabi||18 Sep|
HR and Finance School Business Coordinator
|Abu Dhabi||30 Sep|