Job description / Role
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, an exceptional guest experience begins even before check-in and extends throughout every stay. As Housekeeping Coordinator, your organization and communication skills will support your Colleagues in creating guest rooms that are well equipped and welcoming – and that make our guests feel valued.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont The Palm is a luxury, world-class resort located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah Island in Dubai. The hotel features 391 guest rooms and suites with dedicated Fairmont Gold rooms and lounge. A total of 10 food and beverage outlets on property offer international dining options including Little Miss India, Frevo - Brazilian Churrasco experience, Seagrill Bistro, Ba Restaurant and Lounge, Blowfish, Flow Kitchen, and others. Fairmont The Palm also features an expansive pool and beach area with a health club, Willow Stream Spa and the Fairmont Falcons Kids’ Club.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Assistant Executive Housekeeping, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
• Coordinate and provide administrative support to all areas of the Housekeeping department
• Work closely with all departments within the Rooms Division, communicating day to day updates and changes
• Oversee the day-to-day operation of the Housekeeping office
• Perform various duties pertaining to departmental scheduling, payroll and purchasing
• Maintain all employee records within the Housekeeping department
• Follow department policies, procedures and service standards
• Follow all safety policies
• Other duties as assigned
• Previous housekeeping or administration experience required
• Previous experience using a Property Management System preferred
• Must be computer literate in Microsoft Window applications
• Must be able to type 25 words per minute
• Must possess strong verbal and written skills
• Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
• Highly responsible & reliable
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
• Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
• Frequent sitting throughout shift
• Occasional lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
• Occasional walking, kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
• Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.