Job description / Role
Operates play out of local TV programs with the help of automation systems. Verifies automation playlist and coordinates with programming and library section for necessary alterations. Inserts commercials into scheduled programs and coordinates with marketing section (TV ads).
• Operates play out of local TV programs with the help of automation systems.
• Monitors the functionality of the broadcast equipment and automation systems.
• Takes over manual control in emergency situations. Verifies automation playlist and coordinates with programming and library section for necessary alterations.
• Inserts commercials into scheduled programs and coordinates with marketing section (TV ads). Performs tests to check the correct appearance of subtitles in the programs.
• Operates video and audio switchers/routers.
• Coordinates with Programming section the delivery of broadcast play lists.
• Creates daily and monthly report on errors occurring on-air and reports all technical channel operational issues in MCC.
• Follows up equipment stability and reliability by periodical testing of upgraded equipment and report the outcome to the related sections.
• Performs daily and weekly follow-ups within section to ensure smooth operation workflow
Formal Education Required:
• Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Engineering Related Professional Training,
Certification or Membership:
• Any television production related certificate
Years & Field of Experience required:
• 3-5 years experience in Television / Broadcast operations
Job-Specific Competencies required to successfully perform the job :
• Operational standards and procedures of broadcast professional equipment
• Broadcast System workflow management
• Knowledge of Broadcast A/V technology, equipment and systems.
• Knowledge of video & audio switchers & routers
• Knowledge of Broadcast automation (in particular Pebble beach Automation) systems and procedures
• Operations and configurations of Video Servers
• Trouble Shooting and maintenance procedures and best practices.
About the Company
Etisalat has been the telecommunications service provider in the UAE since 1976, and has built up a modern telecom infrastructure and established itself as an innovative and reliable operator.
Etisalat stands 140th among the Financial Times Top 500 Corporations in the world in terms of market capitalization, and is ranked by The Middle East magazine as the 6th largest company in the Middle East in terms of capitalization and revenues. The Corporation is the largest contributor outside the oil sector to development programmes of the UAE Federal Government, and is an award-winning socially responsible corporation. Etisalat has also won accolades from across the region for its nationalization programme.
Office Administrator / Customer Service Assistant
Officer / Community Sales
Etisalat - UAE
Office Coordinator - Monday to Friday
Irwin & Dow