Corporate - Chief Financial Officer
Job description / Role
Robert Half is working exclusively with a leading company based in Dubai. Due to an internal restructure my client is looking to recruit a Corporate Chief Financial Officer.
The role is responsible for leading the Group's Financial Control function (consolidation, reporting, statutory audit) as well as the credit control function and tax planning. The Corporate CFO has responsibility for elevating financial controls and transparency, leading automation & maximizing return on investment. The person should be the 'go-to-person' for all technical, accounting matters, (IFRS), tax and must play a pivotal role in formulating future financial strategies and elevating financial literacy across the organization.
* Own the Financial results of Holdings and manage/analyze performance vs. Budget and PY. Focus on automation and back-office efficiencies to drive overheads at Head Office down.
* Own the Group Consolidation of Financial Results (profit & loss, balance sheet), prepare quality presentations of Group Results with insights and explanations on causes of change vs. Budget and PY. Provide recommendations for improvements.
* Own the Statutory Master Audit Plan and timeline for Group Consolidation and all entities. Follow up on its proper execution until the issuance and publication of Audited FS. Provide exception reports and highlight differences vs. MIS results. Strive to reduce Audit costs.
* Monitor the resolution of all points raised by the Internal audit team. Track all companies via a scorecard/dashboard and report to GCFO.
* Daily approval of Credit limits; Monthly follow up and reporting of credit and collection performance;
* Improve credit processes and procedures / enhance the understanding of Operations team on the importance of collecting receivables.
* Lead, motivate and empower team.
* Evaluate team members, identify gaps and prepare development programs for the team;
* Develop a succession planning program.
* Demonstrate strong skills of business acumen; ability to step out of controlling functional responsibilities and see the bigger picture commercially to advise the GCFO/BoD accordingly.
* Partner with IT to develop and lead automation vision across Finance; Bridge existing gaps and create opportunities (efficiencies, cost savings, etc.)
* Partner with Legal team to understand how Trust operates - imbed controls to ensure compliance
* Support the family office management; optimize accounting processes, governance, and tax planning; create an advisory board to ensure the best decision is made for each transaction for each Shareholder
* As needed, support GCFO/Investment team in the feasibility studies and analysis/due diligence process of investment/M&A opportunities
Salary and Benefits
90,000 - 100,000 AED per month plus family benefits
Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Pay and salary ranges are dependent upon experience, qualifications and training.
* Associate Chartered Accountant (ACA) is a must.
* An MBA or post graduate qualification will be considered a value add.
* Experience of 10 years with at least 5 years' experience as CFO/Group FC for a large group
* Proven understanding of IFRS / Experience in Tax structuring, tax optimization initiatives
* Stakeholder management experience
* Experience in managing complex Statutory Audits and managing effectively external auditors
* Ability to interpret, extract and analyse financial information.
* Skilled in examining, developing, and recommending financial policies and procedures
* Ability to negotiate effectively and make informed decisions independently
* High level of commercial acumen and sound decision-making abilities
* Proven skills in people development with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
About the Company
Founded in 1948, Robert Half International Inc. (NYSE symbol: RHI) is the world\'s first and largest specialized staffing firm and a member of the S&P 500 index. We are a global leader in professional staffing and consulting services and the parent company of Protiviti, a leading independent internal audit and business and technology risk consulting firm. For 2006, Robert Half International reported revenues of $4 billion and now has staffing and consulting operations in more than 400 locations worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies