Job description / Role
- Developing a thorough understanding and awareness of corporate/commercial law, inheritance and succession in UAE;
- Communicating through emails and phone calls with all the clients and assisting senior lawyer in managing the files;
- Assisting lawyer with drafting legal documents in English and supporting throughout the entire process on client instructions;
- Being proactive and regularly following up with clients and relevant stakeholders to effectively manage all tasks;
- Keeping an up to date track of all the files and reports and providing regular updates to line managers;
- Managing diaries, arranging meetings and seminars with clients and stakeholders;
- Electronic and paper filing of correspondence;
- Liaising with local authorities in the UAE and using their online portals to submit documents on behalf of clients;
- Preparing questionnaires, receipts, invoices and execution copies of legal documents;
- Supporting with monthly billing and preparing monthly internal reports; and
- Ensuring quality and standards in line with the firm’s policies.
AED 6,000 to 9,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- Law degree from international university is an absolutely requirement
- 2 to 4 years UAE experience in general corporate/commercial and private client matters
- Only Candidates with high level of proficiency in English will be considered
- Must have excellent command of written and spoken English
- Proficient with MS Office (particularly MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Team oriented and open to new challenges
- Ability to work as a team with the staff & other lawyers
About the Company
Abdo Rafiq & Partners is a leading UAE law firm, providing legal services throughout the UAE and the wider Middle East region.
We provide local and international clients with cost effective and efficient legal advice and representation across a range of practice areas and industry sectors.
Our clients range from major clearing banks and major corporates to SME businesses operating locally and internationally for whom we regularly provide innovative banking, corporate/commercial and litigation solutions. We also have expertise in prominent industry leading practice areas in which we operate and these include business continuity, shipping, real estate and private client services.
We are extremely proud of our reputation for providing clients with what they value: exceptional legal skills, responsiveness and practical solutions delivered with the highest level of professional integrity.
Our team consists of high-calibre and dynamic lawyers, from local and international backgrounds, to deliver expert advice and comprehensive legal and professional services.
We provide local and international legal services through separate and distinct legal entities in the form of associations and local partnerships. Through these associations and partnerships we are able to provide seamless legal and other client services in accordance with the relevant laws of the jurisdictions in which they respectively operate.
A Leading Multinational FMCG Company
Junior Associate - Legal
Alnair Mineral Services
Paralegal - Litigations